Body Odour & Hygiene Habits

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
Yep get that but you shower when you leave, (in the morning), and then when you get to work - you are at work if you are say cycling above 10km on a normal bike the chances are you'll be smelly. At work is that an ok thing?

If you have access to showers at work it's also a major psychological boost to get in and shower. This is if you are cycling over 10km.
You didn't mention cycling to work before. Yes, if you don't have anywhere to hang your stuff then you don't have anywhere to hang your stuff. When I used to cycle to work my locker had a hook so I could still hang stuff inside it.

Sgt Girth

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I used to work alongside a bloke who was massively into running, including to/from work and during his lunch break. I couldn’t say where he used to hang up his sports kit in between runs but everyone knew where his footwear was....in the corner of his office drying off. What a god forsaken stench! Nice chap....evil feet!

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score
I used to work with a woman who was a marathoner (and is still a very senior marathoner) who commuted into the city. Because it was too dark to run before she came to work, she would change in her office after work into running togs, run up to central park (1 mile through traffic) run around the park twice, I'm guessing a total of maybe 10 miles, run back to the office, then change and take off for Grand Central for the train. I used to wonder if people learned to avoid her on the train.

Sgt Girth

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Ah, but ladies don’t sweat like men.....they merely perspire or possibly even just glow!

Krepostnoi

Almost uniquely humourless
Reaction score
Roll on March 14th by the way!
It must be a bloody good brand if you only have to roll it on once a year.

My daughter has sensory issues, and couldn't tolerate smelly deodorant sprays. So my solution is 50-50 acv and water, with a good few drops of patchouli oil and, if I can be bothered, perhaps a few drops of something citrussy. The vinegar suppresses bacteria growth and hence unpleasant smells: the "eau de chip shop" effect disippates in seconds.

Bear in mind I'm built for comfort, not for speed, and I live in the tropics. And people don't obviously avoid me, so, you know. They can't all be nose blind.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Very informative but I didn’t see any direct reference to French Style.....Now I consider myself a man of the world and not totally unfamiliar with numerous types of perversions but this one escapes me. Roll on March 14th by the way!
As a teenager I was led to believe that sex 'French' style meant 'girl on top'.