• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Candy trail helps cops nab robber

A

Anonymous

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/01/04/offbeat.candy.crime.reut/index.html

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (Reuters) -- An Arkansas man was arrested after police followed a trail of evidence from a bungled bank heist -- discarded wrappers from candy he allegedly stole and ate as he made his getaway, police said on Saturday.

"It's a classic," said Patrolman Jerry Lung of the Marked Tree police department, who arrested Michael Brown, 33. Marked Tree is a small community about 135 miles northeast of Little Rock.

Brown allegedly smashed the glass door of a bank in the community, and then looked directly at the bank's security cameras, Lung said. He also triggered an alarm.

When Brown found that all the money had been stashed away because the bank was closed, he allegedly stole a clock radio and fistfuls of candy, police said.

As he left the facility, he ate the candy and left a trail of wrappers that led to his home in a nearby trailer park.

Brown was arraigned on Friday on robbery and other charges and remains in jail pending trial. Bail was set at $25,000.

"It was almost like he wanted to be caught," Lung said Saturday.

The candy allegedly stolen from the bank was "Dum Dums," the police officer said.

When I lived in Barrow-in-Furness there was a sweetie van. always parked on the same corner of the street and always full of penny sweets. One morning the van had a smashed window - and a trail of bright pink vomit leading away from it . I don't know if the police followed the vomit trail though!

Also , I rented a bedsit in Taunton , opposite was another house owned by the same landlord, there was a cool wild party there one night-no problems occurred until the morning when the police knocked on the door. Did they know anything about the bus stop sign? The temporary one that consisted of a metal sign on a pole embedded in concrete?
No , why should they?
Because there was a scraped trail leading from the sign to the front door of the house and back again.The sign had spent the whole party in the centre of the living room as guest of honour!

seems like Charlie Chaplin drew up the plans for these heists lol

So we do get revenge on some litter louts at least! :p

Back