• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

China Military Uses A.I. To Track Growing Number Of UFOs

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
  • To the People’s Liberation Army they are ‘unidentified air conditions’ and artificial intelligence is the best way to keep up with them
  • Chinese researchers confirm that sighting reports from across the country are on the rise but aliens are unlikely to be responsible

505df186-c509-11eb-b0c2-606eecf395cb_image_hires_170048.jpg

The PLA has a dedicated task force to investigate sightings. Photo: Shutterstock

As the Pentagon prepares its report into UFOs, due later this month, Chinese military researchers have turned to artificial intelligence to track and analyse the increasing number of unknown objects in China’s airspace.

To the People’s Liberation Army, they are “unidentified air conditions” – a phrase which echoes the US military’s “unidentified aerial phenomena” – but to the public they are better known as unidentified flying objects, or UFOs.

Paywalled: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...ilitary-uses-ai-track-rapidly-increasing-ufos

maximus otter

Unidentified air conditions. Always knew UFOs were a state of being... (I mean depending on who you talk to that's not even facetious.)

Seriously though, I'd be curious what they get by using pattern-recognition stuff on it. On the other hand since it's coming up alongside that US report, it sounds a lot like "yes, this is a thing and we're dealing with it too" when one of the reactions to some stuff is that it's drones/weirder human technology, and that it's purely smokescreen for military stuff, so of course narrative propagation would matter.
...man, I can wish, though. I'd prefer high-strangeness aerial stuff to actually happen.

Back