• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cigar Shaped UFO's in Seaford

A

Anonymous

Hi all, this is my first post on the boards so I hope this story is of interest to those UFO's fans.
This story actually concerns my mother, who is without a doubt the most down to earth person I know. I feel it’s important to note that she has no interest in things fortean, and is in all ways a very practical women (as so many mothers are).
So the story......... It was around 1979/80 and my parents at the time lived in a small seaside town in Sussex called Seaford. It’s a pretty sleepy place, lacking even a local cinema. The house was situated right on the edge of the town next to fields leading off into the countryside.
Apparently it was late evening and my Mum was getting ready for bed........removing her makeup and doing the things that women do! She was sitting in her bedroom......my father was asleep on the bed with me (also asleep). As she was sitting at the dressing table she heard a very high pitch humming which obviously got her attention. She pulled back the closed curtains to see a very large cigar shaped object floating several feet above the bottom of our garden. Now I should state for those who like details, that my parent’s garden was quite large (a good acre) and backed onto fields.
The 'object' itself according to my mother was very long and all along its length were bright lights. It hovered above the garden for a short amount of time and then slowly moved away.
She stood at the window in disbelief and shouted for my father to come and look.......however as he was asleep he did not get to the window in time to see the 'object', he did however hear the humming noise it made. I was about 3 or 4 at the time and remember nothing!!!
This isn't perhaps a very exciting story, and I'm sorry if I skimped on details, but for me, a tried and tested sceptic, it does give pause for thought, only because I know the witness to be a non believer and not at all prone to exaggeration.

Has anyone else heard of any UFO activity in the South East of England. I THINK my mother told me that the local papers were full of UFO sightnings shortly after the night she saw her object, but I can't confirm this.

The Loafer

The South Coast tends to attract a lot of UFO reports - good example being Bedhampton Star Fleet. Try googling on Sussex+UFO+1980 - you'll get a lot of hits :).

Welcome, by the way!

londonloafer said:
Has anyone else heard of any UFO activity in the South East of England.

The Loafer

Hi Loafer

My parents saw a similar shaped object over Beckenham back in 1978 just before I was born. They owned a pub and mum had just brought dad a cup of tea in bed and drew back the curtains, this was around 6 a.m. She saw hovering over the flat roofs of a nearby industrial estate a golden cigar-shaped object that appeared to be glowing. She called dad over and they both watched this thing for about a minute when it suddenly shot off and disappeared at an increadible speed. They were certain it wasn't the rising sun, a reflection or a balloon mainly because of the speed it moved.

Do people still see cigar shaped UFOs or is it all triangles nowadays?

Don't know much about UFOs, but weren't the cigar shaped ones considered to be the 'mother ships'?

Carole

I always had the impression that cigar-shaped ones were saucers seen from edge on.

I realise that many researchers would be more than willing to point out why this is wrong.

Back