• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Close Encounters Of The Fifth Kind…?

Paul_Exeter

Justified & Ancient
“A CE5 meeting out in the wilderness, the term was first coined by Dr Steven Greer, an American UFO-ologist who believes that harnessing the power of consciousness can bring human beings into contact with 'beings'. It is almost like a type of meditation - where people use the power of mindfulness and energy to connect with each other and then with ETs.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...searchers-two-women-speak-against-stigma.html

Personally I’m not convinced….

Interesting.
And interesting also that the Calvine UFO incident and photo is included in this article!
I liked one of the comments at the end of the article:
"Of course they exist - as if the universe is here just for us"

On the flip side, perhaps it's not such a good idea to be looking for other life:

Contacting aliens could end all life on earth. Let’s stop trying.​

Whatever the UFO report says, it’s time to set some rules for talking to extraterrestrials​

In April 2020, the Defense Department released videos recorded by infrared cameras on U.S. Navy aircraft that documented the planes’ encounters with a variety of “unidentified aerial phenomena.” Pilots reported seeing objects flying across the sky at hypersonic speeds and changing direction almost instantaneously, capabilities far beyond that of any known aircraft.

What were the pilots seeing? Bizarre atmospheric phenomena? Alien spacecraft? Something else? Several branches of the government have been investigating the events, motivated in part by concern that adversaries such as Russia or China might have made some spectacular technological advance, and later this month, the government plans to publish a report revealing what they know. Reportedly, the government will say there’s no proof of extraterrestrial activity, but that the incidents remain unexplained.

Chances are, though, that we should all be grateful that we don’t yet have any evidence of contact with alien civilizations. Attempting to communicate with extraterrestrials, if they do exist, could be extremely dangerous for us. We need to figure out whether it’s wise — or safe — and how to handle such attempts in an organized manner.

That’s because any aliens we ultimately encounter will likely be far more technologically advanced than we are, for a simple reason: Most stars in our galaxy are much older than the sun. If civilizations arise fairly frequently on some planets, then there ought to be many civilizations in our galaxy millions of years more advanced than our own. Many of these would likely have taken significant steps to begin exploring and possibly colonizing the galaxy.

More alarming is the possibility that alien civilizations are remaining out of contact because they know something: that sending out signals is catastrophically risky. Our history on Earth has given us many examples of what can happen when civilizations with unequal technology meet — generally, the technologically more advanced has destroyed or enslaved the other. A cosmic version of this reality might have convinced many alien civilizations to remain silent. Exposing yourself is an invitation to be preyed upon and devoured.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...02f6a8-c899-11eb-81b1-34796c7393af_story.html

More alarming is the possibility that alien civilizations are remaining out of contact because they know something: that sending out signals is catastrophically risky. Our history on Earth has given us many examples of what can happen when civilizations with unequal technology meet — generally, the technologically more advanced has destroyed or enslaved the other. A cosmic version of this reality might have convinced many alien civilizations to remain silent. Exposing yourself is an invitation to be preyed upon and devoured.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...02f6a8-c899-11eb-81b1-34796c7393af_story.html
But how would they know?

There is a man in Pasadena, California named Robert Bingham who claims he can summon UFO with thought.

Robert claims he has called UFOs to appear for 20 years with the aliens.

Back in the 50s and 60s there was quite a bit of this "telepathic contact with the Space Brothers" sort of stuff. I'm not sure about the US, but in the UK it carried on into the 70s through the likes of Arthur Shuttlewood at Warminster and others in his circle.

Almost inevitably, none of the prophetic messages the contactees received came true, which suggests either it was all a load of rubbish or the Space Brothers were deliberately misleading and humiliating their contacts.

Back in the 50s and 60s there was quite a bit of this "telepathic contact with the Space Brothers" sort of stuff. I'm not sure about the US, but in the UK it carried on into the 70s through the likes of Arthur Shuttlewood at Warminster and others in his circle.

Almost inevitably, none of the prophetic messages the contactees received came true, which suggests either it was all a load of rubbish or the Space Brothers were deliberately misleading and humiliating their contacts.
Honourable mention for the Aetherius Society:

"An international spiritual organisation, which believes Jesus was an extraterrestrial being from the planet Venus, is planning its next pilgrimage at a "holy mountain" in Devon.

The Aetherius Society was founded in the mid-1950s by ex-taxi driver George King who says a voice told him he was to be the earthly representative of an inter-planetary parliament."

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/aetherius-society-bizarre-cult-who-3813728

Last edited:
The Establishment didn't like the Aetherians - the government was suspicious they might be a conduit for left-wing sympathies, given the sort of intergalactic peace-n-love message put out by King. So they were 'monitored', at a low level. The Aetherians seem to have been harmless and earnest enough, but maybe you could see the "Space Brothers" as a 'telepathic' conduit for ideas just too radical for the class-bound Cold War society the UFOs emerged in.

I suppose ufology reflected these social tensions much as it reflected everything else. For years BUFORA was under the control of upper-class occultists whose contempt for both witnesses of lower status and the nuts-and-bolts 'craft' they believed to see was all too apparent sometimes.

I am halfway through the documentary on Amazon Prime, I'm not all together convinced they should remember the old adage that Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence, it does seem to be a throw back to the old contact movement I guess what goes around comes around

Right , I completed the documentary last night, lots of questions but no real answers, first all the footage was of lights in the sky whilst I know the majority of UFO reports consist of this it was the circumstances that had me puzzled, so a group of people meditating in some remote place could summon a UFO and in some cases the occupants are said to appear (cue fuzzy photos) furthermore the occupants are keen to tell the they are no threat and only seek to raise the consciousness of the world (a laudable aim in my opinion who could argue with it) so we live in harmony with the rest of the universe (one of the beings was said to come from Andromeda it's a good job they name their star systems the same as us isn't it. To me beings who (we are told) are millions of years more evolved than us could find an easier way to bypass governments and the military industrial complex and contact the majority of the human population, than getting a group of meditators out in a remote spot and putting on a light show, if they can summon them why not summon them to a major population center or get them to take over the TV network.

Apparently if 1% of the world population took part in the summoning protocol which according to the sow amounts to 75 million people the world would become part of the galactic federation of peace and love, you get the protocols from an app that costs over £8.00 a small price to pay. the cynic in me thinks that if they really believed this they would go out of their way to give the knowledge away, but the cynic in me tend to see a grift when I see one

Lets just say that the results of the meditations are genuine and they are instigating light shows and the appearance of entities, in the way of these things, things are rarely what they say they are, the old Irish story about the guy who met the the tall Fairy and asked him why he wasn't a little fellow, the fairy told him he could appear however he wanted to appear, and in other fields groups of people have been summoning up all kinds of things for years using very similar methods

Suffice to say I am not convinced it was not really a documentary but a sales pitch a well made one but not any searching questions (and I have so many more)

Peace love and prosperity- can't argue with that philosophy. Still the mind can do strange things such as making stuff appear to you (hallucinations) but no one really knows the answers. I am not a believer in George King as a kind of "chosen one". I think the society seems harmless and it doesn't look like a cult (to me anyway). If I could summon up money and UFOs the group would have my interest. :D

Peace love and prosperity- can't argue with that philosophy. Still the mind can do strange things such as making stuff appear to you (hallucinations) but no one really knows the answers. I am not a believer in George King as a kind of "chosen one". I think the society seems harmless and it doesn't look like a cult (to me anyway). If I could summon up money and UFOs the group would have my interest. :D
He was a taxi driver before the UFO and retired to America some years after he started his group, so I'm guessing he didi alright out of it....

Back