• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Colares Incident(s) & Operation Prato (Brazil; 1970s)

The existence of a motive, opportunity, and the probable existence of relevant techniques and technologies don't PROVE that something was faked, of course. Still, I find it terribly fishy that the event ended shortly after the "investigation" was called off. What if the "investigation" existed only to measure how well the flap was created?
Hi there this is my very first post! I didnt know about this forum at all and by accident stumbled here while i was googeling about the Corales case after i saw a Netflix episode Top Secret UFO projects declasified talking briefly about this case.

So i spend a couple of days searching and absorbing everything i can find about this case.
And boy i love this forum giving me a lot of information.

Operation Saucer never ended according to the Brazilian UFO researcher Ademar José Gevaerd it was handed over to the United States. Who took over the Operation.
I found in one of the released militairy observation documents there was some with the Brazilian team who they called "agent Smith".
See it here :
https://ufology.patrickgross.org/op/op01-1-03.htm

Now what puzzles me is the statement of Colonel Hollanda :
He claims that one night he was grabbed or hugged by one being. I cant find any details like what happened, did he resist ( if you are in the army or airforce sure you get some selfdefense lessons ) and fight the being ? Where were the other team members when it happened ? How did it end ? Did he reported it ? What kind of impact had this encounter on him ?
Did he leave the area the next day in fear ?
Nothing.

Another thing what was said he and one of his men were on a boat middle of the night when returning to their camp and saw a huge UFO hovering close to them when a being floated out of it towards them. It hovered before them and watched them for a moment saying nothing and then returning to the UFO and departed.

I cant find anything about that encounter only on the Netflix episode.

Does anyone has more info on these encounters ?
Or was it made up ?

Hi there this is my very first post! I didnt know about this forum at all and by accident stumbled here while i was googeling about the Corales case after i saw a Netflix episode Top Secret UFO projects declasified talking briefly about this case.

So i spend a couple of days searching and absorbing everything i can find about this case.
And boy i love this forum giving me a lot of information.

Operation Saucer never ended according to the Brazilian UFO researcher Ademar José Gevaerd it was handed over to the United States. Who took over the Operation.
I found in one of the released militairy observation documents there was some with the Brazilian team who they called "agent Smith".
See it here :
https://ufology.patrickgross.org/op/op01-1-03.htm

Now what puzzles me is the statement of Colonel Hollanda :
He claims that one night he was grabbed or hugged by one being. I cant find any details like what happened, did he resist ( if you are in the army or airforce sure you get some selfdefense lessons ) and fight the being ? Where were the other team members when it happened ? How did it end ? Did he reported it ? What kind of impact had this encounter on him ?
Did he leave the area the next day in fear ?
Nothing.

Another thing what was said he and one of his men were on a boat middle of the night when returning to their camp and saw a huge UFO hovering close to them when a being floated out of it towards them. It hovered before them and watched them for a moment saying nothing and then returning to the UFO and departed.

I cant find anything about that encounter only on the Netflix episode.

Does anyone has more info on these encounters ?
Or was it made up ?
Welcome to this forum :)

Definitely one of the better UFO cases. I recommend reading Jacques Vallée’s investigations into this (amazon have his books, sorry can’t remember which one but you can download on Kindle).

Last edited:
Now what puzzles me is the statement of Colonel Hollanda ...

Off hand, I don't recall this story of Hollanda having such a direct encounter. Here are a couple of hopefully helpful tips in researching this story ...

First, Uyrangê Hollanda wasn't a colonel at the time of the incidents and investigation. He was a captain. He would later retire from the military as a colonel. If you search only for 'colonel Hollanda' you may miss things relating to his actions, etc., at the actual time of the incidents and investigation.

Second, most of the primary documentation on the Colares (etc.) incidents is in Portuguese. I don't know how much of the primary / original documentation has ever been (reliably; accurately) translated into English or any other language.

... And welcome to the forum!

Off hand, I don't recall this story of Hollanda having such a direct encounter. Here are a couple of hopefully helpful tips in researching this story ...

First, Uyrangê Hollanda wasn't a colonel at the time of the incidents and investigation. He was a captain. He would later retire from the military as a colonel. If you search only for 'colonel Hollanda' you may miss things relating to his actions, etc., at the actual time of the incidents and investigation.

Second, most of the primary documentation on the Colares (etc.) incidents is in Portuguese. I don't know how much of the primary / original documentation has ever been (reliably; accurately) translated into English or any other language.

... And welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the correction !
The story of him having a close encounter came from him he said it himself in the 1997 interview.

Testimony of Victorio Peret about his participation in a meeting along with General Alfredo Moacyr de Mendonça Uchôa with the Operação Prato team. During the meeting, the captain of Operation Saucer, Uyrangê Hollanda, commander of the operation, reveals that it was NORAD that warned the Brazilian armed forces on the UFOs in the Amazon region. Mr. Peret talks about the Route of UFOs, from the East Coast of Brazil to the Island of Island of Colares.

Activate subtitles in English.

Back