• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Contact From Beyond The Grave? (IHTM)

This thread reminded me of an incident a couple of years after my dearly beloved passed on. My newly acquired answering machine failed to proceed so I rooted about in the attic to find a couple of old ones I'd stashed "just in case". First one had no power, second one lit up so I kept it connected. Following morning coming out of the bathroom heard d.b.'s voice shouting "I'M NOT HERE - I MAY GET BACK TO YOU OR NOT". I had forgotten it was the message she had on this answerphone, she hated the phone. Gave me a touch of a start , she would have laughed herself sick.

This thread reminded me of an incident a couple of years after my dearly beloved passed on. My newly acquired answering machine failed to proceed so I rooted about in the attic to find a couple of old ones I'd stashed "just in case". First one had no power, second one lit up so I kept it connected. Following morning coming out of the bathroom heard d.b.'s voice shouting "I'M NOT HERE - I MAY GET BACK TO YOU OR NOT". I had forgotten it was the message she had on this answerphone, she hated the phone. Gave me a touch of a start , she would have laughed herself sick.
Sorry just to clarify cos it might not have been clear. It was an actual telephone call that activated the answering gizmo, it's just that I hadn't heard the phone ring whilst in the bathroom, just d.b.'s shouty recorded response message. (just to avoid trolling repost from the "no such thing" expert) :)

Especially, as Zoe reminded us all, the last time she was able to visit mum in hospital, mum had promised Zoe a unicorn ring.

Alas, mum passed a couple of days later and that never materialised.

Or, did it...
An update on my related posts #8 and #15...

For the first time since, son and myself were reflecting on this at the weekend.

Still no rational explanation and fair to say we have concluded there never can be.

Perhaps depends on what you mean by 'rational', or 'logical'... :)

An update on my related posts #8 and #15...

For the first time since, son and myself were reflecting on this at the weekend.

Still no rational explanation and fair to say we have concluded there never can be.

Perhaps depends on what you mean by 'rational', or 'logical'... :)
You can hear the naysayers shaking their fists and shouting "where's the evidence?" as we speak.

You can hear the naysayers shaking their fists and shouting "where's the evidence?" as we speak.
That wasn't lost on me, I can assure you!

You read of other people's Fortean experiences, as in, 'It happened to me' and wish you too could see a ghost, or a triangular-shaped UFO real close up, like they have.

Just to convince yourself, even for once, there actually might be some substance to it all.

And then you find yourself right in the middle of a a mystery which, thankfully with our related Fortean background, you have the presence of mind to document instantly.

There was also video evidence, some of which is naturally personal, however it including this, which is fine to show, with due permission and notable for the little one's inherent scepticism! :)

Going back to my post #8...

Coincidentally, I happened to mention this occurance on another thread, yesterday morning.

Post in thread 'Sightings By Sceptics?' https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/sightings-by-sceptics.69112/post-2147252

Therein, I noted:

"It's actually taken these past two years, almost to the day, for it to fully sink in that there is only one possible answer to my own Fortean encounter and it's not possible.

If that makes any sense".

Last night, I had a phone call from the little one's grandmother, to tell of a bizarre experience, yesterday afternoon.

My son had been visiting his mum, stayed overnight and before leaving, realised he had somehow mislaid his house key. Looking for same, both mum and himself checked 'everywhere', including under the bed quilt and pillow, down the side of the bed, etc

Also before returning home, he intended to pick up a couple of clothing items left behind on a previous visit.

Mum had put these in a drawer and went to retrieve them. They were not there and despite a thorough search by both, nowhere to be found.

At one point in the ongoing search, mum went back into the bedroom and noticed something sticking out from under the bed quilt, which had been rolled back during the search.

There, underneath, were both items of clothing.

Alerting son to same, he came through from the living room and as he went to put the items in his backpack, noticed something else.

There, on top of the pillow, was his house key.

So, I phoned him when he was back home, simply said I heard something had happened and asked what it was.

His story turned out to be exactly the same and before I even mentioned it was almost exactly two years since Nicola had passed, expressed... 'I know that's Nicola... Dad, I swear both mum and I turned that house 'upside-down'.... there is no way we could have missed them before... they were not there when we checked, mum even took the quilt off the bed looking for my key".

What to make of it....

Guess it might be more of an enigma, if I had posted something about the initial incident on the forum just previously and had actually been wondering afterwards what, with it approaching the anniversary, if we might ever see another 'sign'... perhaps a further 'manifestion of solid items', seemingly from nowhere.

If that had happened, I would be seriously thinking of not renewing my subscription to 'The Sceptic'...

Wait a minute....

Back