• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cosmic ordering...

infinitysymbol

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I just wondered if anyone has had any interesting experiences with 'cosmic ordering'? Seems to be very popular at the moment with celebs such as Noel Edmonds and Jonathan Cainer releasing books on the subject.

Also, I apologise in advance if this is the wrong section to post this question in but wasn't sure where was suitable.

infinitysymbol said:
I just wondered if anyone has had any interesting experiences with 'cosmic ordering'?

I'm sorry to sound so dense but I don't what "cosmic ordering" is. Sounds interesting, so please expain.

If fact, I don't even known if "ordering" here is used in the sense of filing or categorizing or else placing requests with some gigantic multi-galactic "if we don't have it it's not allowed to exist" supply warehouse. <g>

It seems to be sigilisation by another name, sometimes without the sigils (!).

Basically, in its simplest terms, you formulate your sentence of desire and announce it 'to the universe', forget about it and voila, wish granted.

Some people seem to be saying it is sufficient to write down and read out the 'wish', mindful of the fact you are making a request of the numinous, some use symbols etc (which basically is the same as the concept of sigils) and some websites even seem to have 'order forms' as if for online purchasing.

You could probably do worse than look at the various sigil threads for a discussion of the possible mechanisms, criticisms and methods because as far as I can tell it's just the same thing with a new new age name.

(So I'd stick it in esoterica possibly?)

/edit/ is this supposed to be why Noel Edmonds had stuff drawn on his hand on that new TV thing he does? I remember someone asking me about that, but I've never seen the show (thankfully).

I'm sorry to sound so dense but I don't what "cosmic ordering" is. Sounds interesting, so please expain.

Cosmic ordering is the latest metaphysical 'craze' with several books coming out about it this year alone. One notable proponent of CO is Noel Edmonds.

Its basically the theory that you request what you want from the cosmos and set a specific date and time for it to materialise and hey presto!

It sounds to me like a variation on manifestation/visualisation but as another poster has noted there is also the sigil element if you subscribe to the version where you need to write your wishes on a piece of paper which you then burn.

_Lizard23_ said:
/edit/ is this supposed to be why Noel Edmonds had stuff drawn on his hand on that new TV thing he does? I remember someone asking me about that, but I've never seen the show (thankfully).

Didn't the Edmonds eventually say that the symbols were just a joke, probably to drum up a bit of interest in his TV programme? There's an Edmonds thread in Culture which might have a link.

Thanks, all.

This doesn't seem all that much different from the "treasure mappng" techniques that have been taught by Unity and other New Age groups for many decades.

Or those people who wear dollar sign neckties and cufflinks, because they don't have any cash, or Rolls Royce belt buckles, because they are travelling on shank's mare.

I believe it was Dr. Wayne Dwyer who said if you say "Gimme" to the Universe, the Universe is going to respond with "no, you gimme," and suck you dry. But if you say instead "Let me give you all I have" the Universe will answer, "No, let me give you all I have" and shower your with presents.

P. S. But I think it may be time to re-read THE MONKEY'S PAW.

OldTimeRadio said:

P. S. But I think it may be time to re-read THE MONKEY'S PAW.

noel_edmonds_new1.jpg

The Monkey's Pa

Sounds similar to The Law of Attraction which has cropped up before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction

Basically the theory is that like attracts like. Sounds quite crackpot.. But if you adopt that attitude & pass it off as such, then it won't work anyway because you're sending those negative thoughts out into the universe & consequently that's what you get back.

A theory hard to disprove then! Lol.

You take two groups of working people, 50 each, both making approximately the same amount of money.

To the first group we give dollar sign neckties and cufflinks, shirts printed with gold coins, "get rich" mottoes for all the walls, have them use "weath" mantras, supply them daily with success-oriented books, magazines, videos and so on.

The second group gets nothning of the sort.

See which group has the most money at the end of a given period.

Thing is, despite all the jewellry/talismans, I believe you have to stay focused 100% of the time & not let any thoughts of failure enter your mind because it's supposed to derail you from your goals. You haven't just got to want something badly, you've got to believe it's already yours. If you lose patience sometime down the line because you haven't recieved it yet, then you end up being negative again & it's back to square one.

Dear Universe,

I have been a very good boy and I would like a big red tractor, a lot of Lego and a Corgi James Bond Aston Martin DB5 (with ejector seat).

Thank you very much,

Pietro. xxx :)

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Dear Universe,

I have been a very good boy and I would like a big red tractor, a lot of Lego and a Corgi James Bond Aston Martin DB5 (with ejector seat).

Thank you very much,

Pietro. xxx :)

& when you grow into a big boy, try & learn how quantum physics & the law of attraction relate to each other :)

Diabolik8 said:

& when you grow into a big boy, try & learn how quantum physics & the law of attraction relate to each other :)
P.S. And please also send me Bohr & Schrödinger's bumper book of misappropriated scientific ideas reused as a rationalization for magic, 'The Cat in/not in the Hat'. :madeyes:

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Diabolik8 said:

P.S. And please also send me Bohr & Schrödinger's bumper book of misappropriated scientific ideas reused as a rationalization for magic, 'The Cat in/not in the Hat'. :madeyes:

& don't forget the hardback edition of '101 Things to do with a Closed Mind'.

Diabolik8 said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:
Diabolik8 said:

& don't forget the hardback edition of '101 Things to do with a Closed Mind'.
Note to self: Never upset a Noel Edmonds fan. It stands to reason that they will have no sense of humour. :(

But oh! What jumpers!

I caught sight of Little Noely just before Xmas (the "Deal" studio is down the road from me, and he was in the newsagents round the corner from it buying some Lockets. I was on the way to work and buying a Radio Times in lieu of a lesson plan for that day...) Didn't notice his hands, TBH. He is a bit more diminutive than I though IRL, too.

Hi, Pietro.

If I were you I'd add the following legal boilerplate:

"If 'The Monkey's Paw' Clause becomes to any degree operative here, this entire Contract is declared Null and Void from its inception."

Back