• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Criminals Subverting Facial Recognition To Steal

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This man in China apparently drugged a lady acquaintance and manipulated her passed-out face to gain access to her bank accounts.
Man Lifts Sleeping Ex-Girlfriend's Eyelids To Unlock Cellphone, Steals $24,000

A 28-year-old man in China has been convicted of stealing $24,000 by lifting his sleeping ex-girlfriend’s eyelids to outsmart her cellphone’s facial recognition system, according to media reports.

He was sentenced to 3.5 years in prison and fined the equivalent of $3,100 for stealing from his ex’s mobile payment account, The Times of London reported earlier this month, citing court documents and the Chinese state-run newspaper the Nanning Evening News.

The man, identified only by his surname, Huang, went to the sick woman’s apartment a year ago and gave her food, as well as medicine that made her sleepy, the Times reported.

After she fell asleep, he reportedly pressed her finger to her phone to unlock it. Then he lifted her eyelids to unlock her Alipay app using facial recognition, the Times said, before changing her password and transferring money from her account to his. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/faci...alipay-trick-china_n_61bbdff4e4b040edce92c93a

What a jerk. You can't trust anyone. I certainly don't. I don't allow people in my home since I was robbed by my so called best friend a few years back.

Back