• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Criteria For Recognition of Alien Intelligence

Inverurie Jones said:
Avoided, probably, but not ignored.

Are you talking about our original argument or the space aliens here?
Your right on both accounts :D

Evolved said:
Lets not forget beakboos original argument here, She was saying that if aliens came to earth they wouldnt be concerned about us and ignore us and I then said Intelligence usually comes by being curious about your surroundings...

Um, I don't think that's what she was saying at all. She merely suggested the possibility that there are other courses of action for aliens than those you enumerated. Intimating scenarios other than your own doesn't mean those are the only outcomes beakboo espouses. However (and even after patient clarification), it still elicited an ad hominem attack from you. Too bad.

What's this thread about, anyway? :p

I'll solve it; to be 'intelligent' a lifeform must like Dvorak and/or Tchaikovsky.

I've had to delete several posts on this thread. Evolved was getting argumentative and making digs at other posters.

It would help the discussion of alien intelligence if some intelligence was shown here. Cool it.

rynner (Moderator)

I.Q. life

I like to read Sir A.C.Clarks take on intel life he's got it as close as your gonna get it

re mikey

His ,"smarts". His logic-like- Carl Sagan...he makes you expand the vision of the universe in such a way to bring out thoughts you, "might have".never thought of".

He is in the leading pack at what he does certainly, which is to imagine human futures. As I pointed out earlier, we seem to be limited to what we already know from which to construct such things. His ideas are extrapolations, brilliant ones though,; his foresight is matched only by Dick in my opinion.

Amazing the stupid crap some of these contributors post.It must be great to have nothing to do except come up with obscure rerefences which have nothing at all to with the query or post.This is an increasing pattern on this site,which has so much potential,and must be stopped.Surely it is not too much to ask the moderators to delete the stupid,repeat offenders who are driving legitimate researchers and younger people who have an interest in all things Fortean away in their droves and who are afraid to reply or post in case it comes under immediate scrutiny of one of these headbangers who are nothing but timewasters a with too much money and not enough sense.If a person posts a query let him or her have the courtesy of replies without the dreaded wasters.If there is even one person who agrees with this let me know;only by mass protest on the site itself can we get rid of the idiots with the stupid names and hiding behind their "locations".

Inverurie Jones said:
I'll solve it; to be 'intelligent' a lifeform must like Dvorak and/or Tchaikovsky.
That can't be true - I like'em both.

Back