• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cyclical Non-Uterine Dysmenorrhea

jefflovestone

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Didn't really know where to put this, but it's a little odd never-the-less.

http://www.menwithcramps.com

There's a great bit of gender stereotyping with the question:

Involuntary loss of interest in pleasurable activities (such as fishing, sports, or handling tools)?

:lol:

Symptoms are parallel to female menstrual cramps but are not caused by contractions of the uterus, as men do not have a uterus.

Is it April 1st already?

Quote:
Symptoms are parallel to female menstrual cramps but are not caused by contractions of the uterus, as men do not have a uterus.

No they might have a yaris though

or another make of car....

-

The fear of being classified as "feminine," "effete," "fey" or "liberal" can also prevent men from seeking the treatment they desperately need. These men often attempt to tough it out and ignore their symptoms until they get in the way of a desired activity, such as sexual congress, shouting, handling tools, sport fishing, or camping.

God knows, my BF hates it when i call him "liberal"

somebody is pulling our legs with this one...dysmenhorrea means not bleeding but implies that you should be. Functionally illiterate doctor or hoax?

wait a minute did he say "a desired activity such as...shouting"? cramps have never got in the way of my shouting...

definitely a peepee take

History of the Institute

A Humble Beginning
In 1791, Arthur MacInnes and Samuel P. Porritt were two debtors who found in each other a mutual dream: to create an institute dedicated to helping debtors overcome the great obstacle of compounding debt and to help these men land on their feet. Soon, their fledgling institute became profitable, and MacInnes and Porritt were able to realize their dream by becoming the first debtors helped by their institute. Tragedy struck the partnership as Samuel Porritt was stricken with a rare disease known then only as The Wet Brown Plague, or "BBSH". Porritt spent much of his last years under medical care.

and check out the bio for Dr. Gerhardt Fardel, it's giving me cramps right now.

Though perhaps overshadowed by the many achievements of Tillman Fardel (inventor of the magnet), Gerhardt Fardel is also a scientist of some note in certain scientific circles

Hmmmm.......

Please don't debunk this too thoroughly as I'm looking for an excuse to be able to bawl at my partner for at least a couple of days a month. :(

Fizz32 said:
Though perhaps overshadowed by the many achievements of Tillman Fardel (inventor of the magnet), Gerhardt Fardel is also a scientist of some note in certain scientific circles

Hmmmm.......

Magnets weren't invented, they were discovered. They were called lodestones at first...

escargot1 said:
:lol:

Is it April 1st already?

Was Alice Cooper wrong, then? :?

Is nothing sacred? Can't we even have painful periods without men nicking them off us?

placeholder said:
somebody is pulling our legs with this one...dysmenhorrea means not bleeding but implies that you should be. Functionally illiterate doctor or hoax?

Forgive me for being picky but dysmenorrhea (spelling?) means painful periods. amenorrhea I think means absent periods.

Still doesn't make a lot of sense of course...

bluekasha said:
Is nothing sacred? Can't we even have painful periods without men nicking them off us?

It is getting ridiculous. There will be men doing the washing up next.

gncxx said:
It is getting ridiculous. There will be men doing the washing up next.
Washing up is good, washing up is empowering and liberating...

(Just don't ask me to change a light bulb...)

This is a great site.

My favourite line, from the Board Members page:

[Dr Thomas] Atherton was born and still resides in Michigan. He and his wife, Elizabeth, have three children, including his favorites, Kimball and Leigh.

mindalai said:
amenorrhea I think means absent periods.

Still doesn't make a lot of sense of course...

Aha, so THAT'S what these men're suffering from! Amenorrhea! :D

Forgive me for being picky but dysmenorrhea (spelling?) means painful periods. amenorrhea I think means absent periods.

sorry mindalai you're dead right, i'm not minding my -orrhea's

Back