• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

David Icke's true agenda?

Justin_Anstey

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've got a feeling that David Icke doesn't actually believe what he says.

What I think he might be doing is appearing to embrace any ideas that support his apparently libertarian political agenda, whether or not any of it is truthful is irrelevant.

The point seems to be to publicise plausibly acceptable ideas to the general public, telling them the kinds things that he thinks they want to hear about freedom, etc..

The whole reptilian thing is just a way for demonising (perhaps too literally) the enemy of this, the supposedly authoritarian establishment.

What do you think? Am I the first to suggest this?

-Justin.

The point seems to be to publicise plausibly acceptable ideas to the general public
Plausibly acceptable? So you think it's plausible that the Queen is a 10ft lizard?

No Justin, I think some people just are nutters, plain and simple. :)

I just think David Icke is extremely gullible, and believes every conspiracy theory he is told. Then he simply regurgitates it all in his books...
He's just not that good at separating fact from fiction, and appears to have no critical abilities.
His only agenda might be, 'I can make money from writing unbelievable crap, and the mug punters out there will lap it up. Who cares if they think I'm barmy?'.

Mythopoeika said:
His only agenda might be, 'I can make money from writing unbelievable crap, and the mug punters out there will lap it up. Who cares if they think I'm barmy?'.

The Gravy Train Conspiracy! :D

Wm.

Very possibly he does not believe all he says, but realises it earns him a living. Perhaps 20 years ago he would have been amazed to think he'd be earning his crust this way, but that's just how things worked out for him.

We all try to do the best we can in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. Some of us have regular jobs, some are Social Security cheats, some are criminals, but everyone acts within the environment they inhabit (just as animals do) to exploit that environment to the maximum.

Laws and Morality are man-made attempts to regulate human behaviour, but ultimately Nature only accepts survival and reproduction as measures of success. Think of all the 'wicked and evil' robber barons and warlords who went on to found 'Royal' dynasties - by their standards, DI is just a blip on the human landscape.

Actually, having followed Icke's career for years and spoken to people who know him, I think he really does believe everything he says. People tend to believe what they psychologically feel most comfortable with - for instance, people who yearn for a Father Figure in their lives will probably become fundamentalist religious believers.
According to his autobiography, Icke grew up with a distant, harsh, authoritarian father and a mother who was loving, but also weak and passive. So I would guess that he feels comfortable with a set of beliefs that basically echo that early experience of family life; that is, that the Universe is split into into Evil/Good, Black/White, Alien/Human etc. and that these eternally opposed elements (Father/Mother) are constantly battling for the soul of Humanity (i.e. David Icke).
Anyway, that's my tuppence worth.

After watching the 'Conspiracy Theories' documentary on channel 4 all about him I believe that he believes passionately in what he says. When this guy talks to theatre full of people he talks for 6 hours! You have to have passion and believe what you are talking about to do that several times a week, week in, week out.....

I also have to agree with him that there are organisations in the world that are trying to shut him up or hang things on him to be able to shut him up.

An example is this group of American Jewish people who claimed that he is Anti Semetic (I hope that is the right spelling - apologies if not). Their reasoning was that by telling people the world is being ruled by Lizards he actually means that the world is being ruled by Jews and is therefore anti Jewish??????

Eh?

What?

You talk about 6 foot lizards and you are being racsist against Jewish people?

I am not understanding this atall. Please - someone enlighten me.

Anyway - these people stirred up alot of trouble for him in some of the small towns he was visiting to give talks about his theories to. As a result some of the venues he was booked at cancelled as did a radio station.
Now I'm not saying that he is right - or that I believe a word of what he is saying about the lizards. I actually think that he is delusional and if it were me I am sure that those closest to me would have me sectioned.

But he believes what he is saying.
It is fact that there are some strange things going on to make him shut up or to discredit him and this re-enforces (for him) those beliefs.

Emmy Mallow said:
An example is this group of American Jewish people who claimed that he is Anti Semetic (I hope that is the right spelling - apologies if not). Their reasoning was that by telling people the world is being ruled by Lizards he actually means that the world is being ruled by Jews and is therefore anti Jewish??????

I've got to admit, that's a weird one indeed.
None of my Jewish friends look remotely lizard-like, and I haven't noticed any of them eating mice...

It is puzzling though, that certain people take him seriously enough to make his life difficult in that way. It just helps to fuel his paranoia and confirms his conspiracy beliefs.

This afternoon I installed Opera (the internet browser) on my PC at work, to see how it compared with Netscape and IE.
Opera comes with lots of advertising links and bookmarks already classified into folders. I noted with some amusement that David Icke's website is listed under the 'Fun & Games' category alongside other sites such as The Onion, Comedy Central and Humor Shack.
Someone at Opera Software has a sense of humour.

Emmy Mallow said:

Eh?

What?

You talk about 6 foot lizards and you are being racsist against Jewish people?

I am not understanding this atall. Please - someone enlighten me.
OK, I'll enlighten you. Icke makes great use of the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion', which (as you should already know) is an anti-Semitic forgery that has been used by fascist groups all over the world for decades as 'proof' that Jews secretly rule the world. These groups range from far-right US militia groups, to Russian fascists, even Japanese fascists.
Icke, however, denies that the 'Protocols' are anti-Semitic - he says that they are are an accurate description of how the Lizards plan to take over the world and that they were deliberately rewritten by the Lizards to foment anti-semitism! Well, I suppose it makes sense to him...
I have no doubt that he is personally NOT anti-Semitic (even though he has actually repeated the Blood Libel in one of his books). However, the same cannot be said for quite a lot of his followers and hangers-on. (I've heard it said several times that his books are recommended reading for British fascists - "This guy knows what's really going on!") As you can't be prosecuted for being anti-reptilian, racists can simply replace 'Jews' with 'Lizards' in their public statements; other racists know what is really being said.
Hence all the protests by anti-racist groups whenever the Icke bandwagon hits town.

Author Thread

Justin Anstey
Caught in Satan's claws

David Icke's true agenda?
I've got a feeling that David Icke doesn't actually believe what he says.

No he probably does not- It's a $ dollar thing.

But when as that ever stopped him??????????

And besides-who says/proves he is wrong??

Blag

Greenrd, didn't you read your copy of FT? The whole reptoid thing seems to be catching on in a big way. Grays are out, lizards are in.

Icke seems to be nuts, gullible and uncritical, but is he really?

Sure, he "simply regurgitates it all in his books" (which, incidentally, I have no intention of reading,) but he also invites the audience to pick what they want to believe, doesn't he? The reason why he is so popular is surely because lots of people like what they hear.

The only things I've paid attention to regarding David Icke are three or four radio interviews with him in the Jeff Rense archives. He seems to be mostly interested in things like personal freedom and has a very clear ideal about what he believes the world should be like.

I really do think the conspiracy stuff, whether he actually believes any of it or not, is intended to support that, a means to an end.
----------------------------------------------------

Regarding the 'Protocols...' thing, Annasdottir didn't tell you there is a short feature about it on page 37 of the current FT.

In that other David Icke thread 'Mat' said the 'Protocols...' was used as an opportunity to discredit a lot of supposedly truthful information, to -as he put it- "tar such ideas with the brush of anti-Semitism, racism. (And subsequently, presumably, 'hoax', 'fake', etc..-JA.) This is a very effective psychological control device to warn people off certain conspiracy theories."

He didn't mention lizards though.

If Icke "says that they are are an accurate description of how the Lizards plan to take over the world and that they were deliberately rewritten by the Lizards to foment anti-semitism!"
Does he include the bits that were apparently lifted from those two fictional sources?

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1175&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

-J
----------------------------------------------------

Mat's original post:
"As far as I know Icke has the same position on the Protocols that he had from the Robots' Rebellion onwards, the same I have: that in itself it is a forgery, there is not a big Jewish conspiracy to take over the world; but that there is nevertheless such a conspiracy, just not a Jewish one. The Protocols mirrors in its suggestions and predictions an awful lot that has happened in the world since it was written; is this supposed to be just coincidence? Maybe whoever wrote it (or whoever wrote what it was cribbed from) knew a lot about a real (non-Jewish) conspiracy, planned from behind the scenes? This is Icke's position, and this is not anti-Semitism. Rather, the Protocols are useful to those who want to disinform people into disbelieving that there is any conspiracy going on, because they can tar such ideas with the brush of anti-Semitism, racism. This is a very effective psychological control device to warn people off certain conspiracy theories... even when those theories are avowedly non-racist, quite the opposite in fact! People are so scared of being thought of as racist or Nazi.

Here is the page where I have my copy of the Protocols: http://matmcveagh.b0x.com/tbp/conspiracy/forces/religion/index.htm It also has many other articles, including in-depth analyses, and a news report about how the forger has likely been identified."

*Update:
That website ain't working, there appears to be cached versions here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mat+mcveagh+protocols

I'd assumed that his total transformation from boring sportscaster into Purple Warrior was some form of mental breakdown - but was amazed by the Jon Ronson Conspiracy show about him - he gets significant audiences, and a percentage of those appear more credulous than him. It'd be funny if he didn't peddle some dangerous crap during his lectures - 6 hours!!! I'm a die hard Richard Thompson fan but I doubt I'd survive a gig that long - It's a flight from London to New York. Including customs. He should give up the conspiracies and give lectures on public speaking.

Cheers

Nick

Yeah, I think a mental breakdown would be a good choice of words. Didn't he declare himself the messiah for a brief while when he first started getting really weird? I seem to remember reading that he was an utter laughing stock after this little revelation. Hey, maybe the lizard thing is Icke's idea of becoming a more rational person.

Ogopogo said:
Yeah, I think a mental breakdown would be a good choice of words. Didn't he declare himself the messiah for a brief while when he first started getting really weird? I seem to remember reading that he was an utter laughing stock after this little revelation. Hey, maybe the lizard thing is Icke's idea of becoming a more rational person.

Icke himself said later of this incident that he'd said he was "a son of God". People seized on this and jumped all over him, accusing him of claiming to be the messiah.
I have no idea what he actually said.

Mythopoeika said:
Icke himself said later of this incident that he'd said he was "a son of God". People seized on this and jumped all over him, accusing him of claiming to be the messiah.

If I remember rightly the idea was that we are all the Children of God, which would make Icke the son of God - but wouldn't make such good press.........

Mythopoeika said:
What he actually said was that he was "A Son of the Godhead". Or rather, he didn't say it, but a channelled entity which was speaking and writing through him - according to Icke. In his book The Light of Experience, he wrote:
"I had taken some automatic writing...which said I should announce to the world that I was a Son of the Godhead. The David Icke I had come to know would have said 'Up yours, sunshine' but by now he was at the back of the bus trying to make sense of what was happening in front. My 'voice of reason' was not in control. So I told them and the die was well and truly cast."
This all happened a few months after the death of his father. So draw your own conclusions.

I think his actual claim was that we are all sons of god, but some interviewer managed to twist it so it seemed that DI was claiming this just for himself.

Back