• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Death By Poodle

A

Anonymous

Dozens of hungry poodles turned on each other in a feeding frenzy, before attacking their seriously ill owner in Austria.

Animal protection workers found 70 poodles, some of which had been eaten, when they were called to the 63-year-old woman's flat by neighbours.

The owner, who died of her illness shortly after being taken to hospital, had retreated to another room in the flat after becoming unable to look after the dogs.

She had hidden herself under a table and covered herself up, but the dogs had bitten into her legs after becoming desperate for food.

The animal protection workers said dog excrement was six inches deep on the floor of the flat, in Klosterneuburg, near Vienna.

Johanna Winter, head of the animal protection association in Klosterneuburg, said the poodles had turned on the younger and weaker dogs, and that bodies were lying all over the flat.

She said: "If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. Even colleagues who have had many years of experience vomited when they saw what had happened."

The remaining dogs are now in the care of the animal protection association.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_755156.html

I've never trusted poodles, snappy little things they are.
Umm, with 70 dogs, you'd wonder why animal welfare hadn't been called before wouldn't you?

Bit infra-dig, to be gobbled up by poodles. If you have to be eaten by dogs, I would say something more macho would be the thing - rottweilers or irish wolfhounds or something . . .

Carole

Quegqueg!!
Is agent Skulley on the case?!!

Au contraire, Carol. Being eaten by a pack of ravaging poodles is a wonderfully bizarre way to meet your end! (errrr... I'm assuming the lady died of natural causes, and then was eaten!)

(I always wanted to live in a trailer park and have a pack of feral poodles!)
:D

I think we are all picturing a pack of toy or miniature poodles - a
species which appeals only to batty women and extremely camp men.

But nothing in the story mentions their size. Could they have been
the full size variety? Seventy of them!

I'm not sure if this makes the death more or less horrific. Probably the
thought of a leg being savaged by the tiny piranha-like teeth of those
evil little ones is the nastier. It could have gone on for days! :wince:

Philo T said:
I'm assuming the lady died of natural causes, and then was eaten!
The owner, who died of her illness shortly after being taken to hospital, had retreated to another room in the flat after becoming unable to look after the dogs.

Eaten alive almost...but she met her end in a hospital bed from her 'illness'...

...apparently!:nonplus:

Back