• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Did Gitmo "Suicides" Cover Up Murder?

Schwadevivre

Antitheist
From AlterNet
... what happened the night of June 9, 2006, when three prisoners died. The Pentagon said the three — Yasser Talal al-Zahrani, Salah Ahmed al-Salami and Mani Shaman al-Utaybi — all committed suicide. But were they actually actually tortured to death at a secret CIA black site at the base?

A Sergeant Joseph Hickman has published a book questioning the official version of events and raising the possible involvement of the CIA black site known as Camp No.

The idea that these were suicides had already been questioned in an appearance in 2010 on Democracy Now by Scott Horton
We were able to see how they had concluded the suicides occurred. And they state that these three prisoners bound their feet, bound their hands with cloth, stuffed cloth down their throats, in some some cases at least, put masks over their faces to hold the cloth in place, fashioned manikins of themselves to put in their beds to deceive the guards, put up cloth to obstruct the view of cameras, fashioned a noose, which they attached at the top of an eight foot wire wall, stepped up, as their hands and feet are bound and their gagging on cloth, stepped up on top of a washbasin, put their head through the news (sic), tightened it, and jumped off. And moreover, that these three prisoners in nonadjacent cells did all of these things absolutely simultaneously in a clockwork-like fashion. So the story is just simply incredible. Simply, not believable, I should stress.

It does seem quite incredible that the efforts of the prisoners went entirely undetected.

REminds me of Andreas Baader committing suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head in his prison cell.

This seems like a particularly credible conspiracy theory. I mean, who cares about all these terrorists? If the government says suicide, so it must have been.

Back