• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dodgy evidence planted in WTC investigation?

greenrd

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
"The terrorists who attacked the World Trade Center and Pentagon Sept. 11 practiced near-perfect operational planning, coordination and execution before their mission but left behind obvious evidence leading to other operatives who may have supported the hijackings. This begs the question of whether these evidence trails were intentionally left in order to distract U.S. law enforcement from other terrorists."

http://www.stratfor.com/home/0109132130.htm

More discussion at http://www.plastic.com/article.pl?sid=01/09/18/2230241

Sounds familiar.

Lee Harvey Oswald took down a President...and then conveniently left a dodgy rifle with his prints on it right at the scene.

what gets me is that they supposedly left flight manuals behind in their rental cars - were they still studying them on the way to the airport? and what exactly were they planning to do with the bin laden posters? sounds awfully like planted evidence in a way. but then again, what do i know about the mindset of people who fly passenger aircraft into high risers!!

one more snippet from last night's news: they had the father of one of the supposed terrorist pilots on. he said it couldn't have been his son, as he spoke to him AFTER the attack!!

:confused:

Hmmmm... wouldn't it have been more sensible to take flight manuals on board the planes with them?

Not sure if this is planted evidence or not, but, yes, it does sound a little bit too conveniant...

And then there's the story on the BBC news yesterday about the arab-looking guy who went to a flying school and told the instructor he just wanted to learn how to fly, he wasn't interested in take-offs or landings...
What the - ??!!?

Evilsprout said:
Hmmmm... wouldn't it have been more sensible to take flight manuals on board the planes with them?

Haven't you ever crammed for an exam, right up to the last minute? No cheat sheets in the exam room, please.

Hermes said:
Haven't you ever crammed for an exam, right up to the last minute? No cheat sheets in the exam room, please.

I agree completely. It is an appalling concept to think your way into the actions of the hijackers, but taking the manual with you to the airport an then leaving it on your car sounds quite reasonable. (You imagine one of the hijackers reading it while one of the others is driving the car to the airport.):(

It does suggest, though, that they weren't very well acquainted with the aircraft controls - a little contrary detail to reports that describe some of them as 'trained pilots'.

And you'd think - really - that it would have been easy to have someone stay behind to dispose of the evidence, rather than clearly dropping their supposed sponsor 'in it'.
Then again, they may have simply recognised that their own links to bin Laden would be exposed soon enough, so 'what the hell..'?

Surely the flight manuals were a tactic to say to the FBI "Yes, yes, here is the evidence - you'll find it right here - here doggy". Classic bait and switch.

Of course the FBI cannot afford to just assume a bait-and-switch - they have to pursue all reasonable lines of enquiry.

Hermes said:
It does suggest, though, that they weren't very well acquainted with the aircraft controls - a little contrary detail to reports that describe some of them as 'trained pilots'.

I could have been fully trained as a car driver, and even passed my driving test, but if I had learned how to drive in a Rover Metro I might want to do a little background reading before I attempted to drive a Ferrari. This would be particularly true if I had not driven any car since passing my test one year previously.

Under the circumstances it would not surprise me if the terrorists possessed flight manuals for Boeing aircraft.

And you'd think - really - that it would have been easy to have someone stay behind to dispose of the evidence, rather than clearly dropping their supposed sponsor 'in it'.
Then again, they may have simply recognised that their own links to bin Laden would be exposed soon enough, so 'what the hell..'?

I think that that is more or less the case. It may be that the entire terrorist cell took part in the hi-jacking and didn't leave anyone behind. Also, by itself, a flight manual would not necessarily point to any one organisation. (It was in arabic, but perhaps the hi-jackers realised that their ethnicity would discovered at some point anyway.)

its the same as if the ira had left a tin of guinness & some u2 tapes in a car nearby.its just a bit too handy.in fact the speed of which the evidence was produced is amazing when you consider america didnt have a clue.

its like watching the day today war episode were morris goads 2 countries into war.its still seems too unreal at the moment.

Back