• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

does anyone know....

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know where one can go to school to study parapsycology? I'm looking in the mid-west area. Thanks!

Mid west of what? Keep in mind this board have people from all over the world. But at Princeton University they have a centre for esp research.

Edinborough university has a paranormal research laboratory

Sorry: I mean by mid west, minneasota, wisconson, iowa, areas near there.

DONKAMELEON said:
Edinborough university has a paranormal research laboratory

Edinburgh you silly soft southern shandy-drinker! :D

The Edinburgh study centre for the paranormal is called the Koestler institute. Ive been a guinea pig for experiments there. good fun! I think you can get in contact with them through the psychology dept. which is situated in George square.

I saw the Prof (Koestler chair of parapsychology) from Edinburgh, give a presentation at the Royal Institution. The work that they were doing sounded fascinating.

(I also had Lady Archer standing behind me at the refreshments bit afterwards. A very curious evening altogether.)

:)

Parottsykology

I know that in the UK, you can only generaly study Parapsychology if you major in something like Psychology, and then, only some of the major universities actually pander to these needs.

Moggadon

ps- DerekH - I like the humour......:p :p :p

Re: Parottsykology

Moggadon said:
ps- DerekH - I like the humour......:p :p :p

What humour? :mad:

(P.S. Cumbrians are southerners to, you know..... :D )

nikita said:
Does anyone know where one can go to school to study parapsycology? I'm looking in the mid-west area. Thanks!

Hogwarts. The Express leaves from Kings Cross, platform 93/4 on October 31.
;)

Hermes said:
nikita said:

Hogwarts. The Express leaves from Kings Cross, platform 93/4 on October 31.
;)

Do they have a mature-age entry scheme? I have magic money...
:D

I'd like to here of someone going to one of these schools and then picking the winning lotto numbers! Thats the ticket!! :p

Come on. Take a breath here and calm down.

I'm what could be considered mature and so, if I wanted to take a further education course, I wouldn't mind getting into a Parapsychology degree.
I don't know how useful it'd be in getting a paying job but at least I'd have some background to my knowledge and academic ability. So stop taking the piss and answer, please - it'd be interesting to me too.

I'd assume it was dependent on where you were living/studying. In America, I'd imagine plenty of 'schools' willing to give you accredation. In the UK, where we tend to be more reluctant, you're looking at mail-order qualification which is less-than-good.

If you can't scientifically quantify a 'paranormal event' then you can't declare someone is an expert in that event.

I don't actually know where it is located, but Duke University is very well known for their parapsychology program. I started to read a book on parapsychology once (never managed to get through it, as it was very long and I had a million other things I wanted to read) but what I did read was basically just a long report about everything Duke University has done for this field.

Back