• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Domesticated Ghost?

Fenn Lost

Fresh Blood
It seems whenever I have had a paranormal experience, it tends to be centred around something mundane like a haunted mop bucket (another story) but this week, the needle hit 10 on the weirdometer regarding a missing t-shirt.

A few weeks ago, I bought this green t-shirt with a Fender guitar logo on it. I wore it once, put it in the wash bin and haven't seen it since. I've been moaning about it so much, my Wife has stripped the entire wardrobe out and it isn't there or anywhere else in the house where clothes might end up. Clothes bin, radiators, under the stairs, everyone else's wardrobes...nowhere.

My youngest son is at University and his Mum still does his washing so the obvious conclusion is it got packed away with his stuff and ended up in his flat. I asked him to check 'nope, not there Dad, I don't wear green, you know that, I'm an emo'... I fully expected the answer but believed it would turn up in July when he comes home for the summer and we have to bring all his clothes home.

My middle son has been staying with us too as they were moving house and it was easier for him to stay here for a few weeks whilst his Mrs stayed at her parents with the kids (given he is working away a lot in Leicester and living space etc). So I checked with him as clothes might have got moved in transit. 'Nope, wouldn't wear green Dad, reminds me of snot'. Ok. So t-shirt gone. Vanished into thin air.

The last few weeks I haven't been able to let this go, constantly grumbling about it around the house.

Yesterday afternoon whilst my Wife was at work, I wandered into the bedroom at 2pm and there is my t-shirt, laid out on the bed, not folded in half, but lay out in full view, ironed perfectly and washed. I didn't recall seeing it in the morning but figured it had been found and left for me by my Wife.

I rang her to ask where she found it...she was adamant she hadn't put it there. Was it our youngest son? Nope, insistent he hadn't done it and there's a couple of reasons I believe him, one, it's ironed. He doesn't even know what an iron is. If he had it, it would be crumpled to buggery given he packs his bag full of laptops without a care in the world, and two - he got grumpy about it. He doesn't get grumpy when he lies, he can't help smirking.

I rang middle son, had he popped round to drop it off whilst I was out walking the dog? Nope, he's in Leicester, awful long way to come to drop a t-shirt off in Manchester, and his Mrs doesn't have keys and was in work herself all afternoon.

So... who washed and ironed my t-shirt, lay it on the bed in full view in the afternoon and why?

Either I lost a few hours of my life and I did it or...someone else did?

I've heard in times of stress, a ghost can move objects to let you know they are and to reassure you. I am quite stressed at the moment, but the t-shirt was just a grump thing, a first world problem.

It is very odd though as there is no explanation for it. I don't believe my family are winding me up either as everyone has to much going on at the moment to bother. It's just odd, I know people can provide many reasonable explanations for this but I truly can't, unless it's my Mum and she's here, but then again, she was never that keen on domesticated duties...and I don't know how washing machines and irons work on the other side...

It seems whenever I have had a paranormal experience, it tends to be centred around something mundane like a haunted mop bucket (another story) but this week, the needle hit 10 on the weirdometer regarding a missing t-shirt.

A few weeks ago, I bought this green t-shirt with a Fender guitar logo on it. I wore it once, put it in the wash bin and haven't seen it since. I've been moaning about it so much, my Wife has stripped the entire wardrobe out and it isn't there or anywhere else in the house where clothes might end up. Clothes bin, radiators, under the stairs, everyone else's wardrobes...nowhere.

My youngest son is at University and his Mum still does his washing so the obvious conclusion is it got packed away with his stuff and ended up in his flat. I asked him to check 'nope, not there Dad, I don't wear green, you know that, I'm an emo'... I fully expected the answer but believed it would turn up in July when he comes home for the summer and we have to bring all his clothes home.

My middle son has been staying with us too as they were moving house and it was easier for him to stay here for a few weeks whilst his Mrs stayed at her parents with the kids (given he is working away a lot in Leicester and living space etc). So I checked with him as clothes might have got moved in transit. 'Nope, wouldn't wear green Dad, reminds me of snot'. Ok. So t-shirt gone. Vanished into thin air.

The last few weeks I haven't been able to let this go, constantly grumbling about it around the house.

Yesterday afternoon whilst my Wife was at work, I wandered into the bedroom at 2pm and there is my t-shirt, laid out on the bed, not folded in half, but lay out in full view, ironed perfectly and washed. I didn't recall seeing it in the morning but figured it had been found and left for me by my Wife.

I rang her to ask where she found it...she was adamant she hadn't put it there. Was it our youngest son? Nope, insistent he hadn't done it and there's a couple of reasons I believe him, one, it's ironed. He doesn't even know what an iron is. If he had it, it would be crumpled to buggery given he packs his bag full of laptops without a care in the world, and two - he got grumpy about it. He doesn't get grumpy when he lies, he can't help smirking.

I rang middle son, had he popped round to drop it off whilst I was out walking the dog? Nope, he's in Leicester, awful long way to come to drop a t-shirt off in Manchester, and his Mrs doesn't have keys and was in work herself all afternoon.

So... who washed and ironed my t-shirt, lay it on the bed in full view in the afternoon and why?

Either I lost a few hours of my life and I did it or...someone else did?

I've heard in times of stress, a ghost can move objects to let you know they are and to reassure you. I am quite stressed at the moment, but the t-shirt was just a grump thing, a first world problem.

It is very odd though as there is no explanation for it. I don't believe my family are winding me up either as everyone has to much going on at the moment to bother. It's just odd, I know people can provide many reasonable explanations for this but I truly can't, unless it's my Mum and she's here, but then again, she was never that keen on domesticated duties...and I don't know how washing machines and irons work on the other side...
Someone has access to your house, borrowed your shirt and heard you moaning about it so brought it back, but does not want you to know they have access to your house. Or someone is gaslighting you. A ghost isn't going to iron your shirt.

Someone has access to your house, borrowed your shirt and heard you moaning about it so brought it back, but does not want you to know they have access to your house. Or someone is gaslighting you. A ghost isn't going to iron your shirt.
Yep. that was my initial thought. I've just exhausted the list of culprits :)

Hmmm…. I love this but are you 100% certain it is the same t-shirt? What if someone, ahem, close to you accidentally ruined your original t-shirt in the wash and ordered a replacement that took a long time to track down or be delivered?

Hmmm…. I love this but are you 100% certain it is the same t-shirt? What if someone, ahem, close to you accidentally ruined your original t-shirt in the wash and ordered a replacement that took a long time to track down or be delivered?
Could be! But I doubt it, it's more effort than it's worth. I dunno, Aliens or Ghosts, with a cleaning fetish, sounds more interesting :)

Could be! But I doubt it, it's more effort than it's worth. I dunno, Aliens or Ghosts, with a cleaning fetish, sounds more interesting :)
Yet to read this one myself but it’s on my to-do-list:

“Have you ever had your car keys or television remote control inexplicably vanish from under your nose, only to reappear months later in another part of the house for no evident reason? Most would dismiss it as absent-mindedness, with perhaps a joking remark about paranormal activity. Yet remarkable circumstances surrounding many such accounts suggest that the mysterious disappearance of objects could be more than ""just one of those things."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disappearing-Object-Phenomenon-Tony-Jinks/dp/0786498609

I have written about a haunted building where I worked for some time here:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...rom-everyday-people.45034/page-9#post-2184909

My boss, who was the owner, had his supplies out in the warehouse, and was searching for a specific piece of equipment that was necessary for an upcoming job, he couldn't do without it. It was quite large and heavy, also expensive, and he had stored it on the shelves in the back. Well, he could not find it after searching for quite some time. His brother continued the search, and had the laborers looking for it as well. And only my boss and his brother had keys to the shop, so this equipment could not simply have been borrowed and returned, or anything like that. The building was also well alarmed.
He told me of his shock when he opened up early the next morning, and this piece of equipment was simply laying on the table right inside the door, he couldn't believe his eyes. All the men were stunned, they had left the previous night and nothing had been there.
When he closed the business and sold that building, I believe he was relieved, he knew there was something strange going on there.

Yet to read this one myself but it’s on my to-do-list:

“Have you ever had your car keys or television remote control inexplicably vanish from under your nose, only to reappear months later in another part of the house for no evident reason? Most would dismiss it as absent-mindedness, with perhaps a joking remark about paranormal activity. Yet remarkable circumstances surrounding many such accounts suggest that the mysterious disappearance of objects could be more than ""just one of those things."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disappearing-Object-Phenomenon-Tony-Jinks/dp/0786498609
I have had my car keys disappear before and after looking everywhere I gave up and decided to get myself a glass of ice tea. I found my keys in the freezer when I went for the ice. It is the only time I know I did not misplace them. Another time I lost them and my friend and her husband came to help me look for them because we were all going to a ball game together. Her husband, who is tall, found them on a top shelf in the living room. That time I doubt I put them there, but it was not weird enough for me to belabor it and I was experiencing some chaos so I could have put them there. But the only way I would have put them in the freezer is if I had just been shopping and set them there to unload a bag, but I was looking for them so I could go shopping.

The other weird one for me is that I had a software cd sitting on my home desk in the bedroom. The desk was kept neat because I used it for work sometimes. One day I needed that disc and it was gone. I could not find it anywhere. 6 weeks later I came home and the disc was sitting right where I had left it before. In that case I suspect someone was in my appartment without my permission and borrowed it, then brought it back. I lived in an apartment and I was also hanging out with a person who was kind of weird. I don't know if it was her or someone who worked at the apartment complex but I am sure it was not a paranormal event.

The last time I lost my car keys I never found them and had to have all the keys on the keyring replaced, so now I keep only the car keys and a house key on one keychain, and all the other keys on separate key chains so that loosing one set of keys won't cause me so much hassel.

A few weeks ago, I bought this green t-shirt with a Fender guitar logo on it.

Didn't know they came in green.
This is the one, in Fender Lake Placid blue, that my sister got me for my birthday.
It hasn't been known to relocate and definitely isn't self-ironing!

fender.png

Hmm have had similar experiences myself but at work just me and the boss converting an old terraced house into flats.
You could put something down (hammer chisel screwdriver) and it would literally vanish you would never see it go AND it was always my fault for losing it.Then it would reappear somewhere you had given a proper looking over.

A mate used to live on a farm, they would have to get up at silly o'clock
and milk the cows, the farm was a good way out from any other property
but they would often find the cows in the stalls already milked and the
milk in the churns, they never got to the bottom of it even after staking the
milking shed out and just had to put up with the unpaid and never seen
cow hand.

:dunno:

cow hand.

Maybe someone retired who wanted to help out.
Either that, or a weird person who likes unpasteurised milk.

cow hand.

Love it. Any approximate date and location for this...?

I can just remember milk churns on my friend's farm in the mid-1970s

I once couldn’t find my house keys for a week. I am quite routine at putting them right back int my purse after use. I also have a cloth bag which I usually carry my purse in, along with eye glasses, book etc. Sometimes the keys fall out of my purse and into the bag. I dumped my purse and bag out several times. No luck.

After a week, I begrudgingly decided that I would have to get another set cut. I opened my purse for one last hopeless look and :omg: they were there in the bottom. My purse is not large, maybe 15x18 and has 3 inside pockets (with two little zippered pockets) and one outside pocket. Where the keys were when I searched and turned my purse upside down several times, I can’t figure. They had to be there, but I didn’t find them until I decided to get another set. At least I didn’t go through the hassle of getting new keys cut.

Back