• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreaming In Ultraviolet / Black Light Motif

Cherrybomb

Justified & Ancient
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone else dreams, almost every night, in UV? Like, everything that's happening is taking place in a world only lit with uv lighting. It's something which has been happening to me for several years. Does it happen to anyone else? :?

cherrybomb said:
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone else dreams, almost every night, in UV? Like, everything that's happening is taking place in a world only lit with uv lighting. It's something which has been happening to me for several years. Does it happen to anyone else? :?
Weird. Do you mean that objects and surroundings in the dream looks like as if they are fluorescing?

Or, as if the available light in the dream seems to come from within things, rather than from an identifiable outside source?

Or, as if everything looks as it's literally glowing deep violet and indigo-purple to the point where it all goes off the spectrum?

It's like being in a uv lit night club, but even if i dream I'm outside it's still like the sun is a uv light. Everything is dark with just light/bright colours bring very bright and having the violet edge to the colour. People's eyes/teeth are bright, their skin is dark. The strange thing is it doesn't "effect" the dream, I might be dreaming that I'm out walking on a sunny day, and it'll still be in uv, but my mind tells me its a sunny day. If that makes any sence....lol

:oops:

I've had weird effect with light sources in the dream, as if available light isn't coming from lamps, windows, or the sun, but from within objects.

But inhabiting an UV dream-world, that seems quite unusual. :)

I've had dreams (or at least scenes within dreams) that had 'black light illumination', but this wasn't wildly unusual for the scene context (e.g., indoors in a club or club-like setting).

I've had dreams in which outdoors scenes have had noticeably extreme color 'amplification' and illumination effects like glows or auras around objects (including people).

... But I don't recall ever having the sort of universal black light illumination effects you describe (across scenes; across dreams).

Awesome, it should be relatively easy for you to tell (in the dream) that you’re dreaming, then, if you want to try getting into lucid dreaming!

Back