• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams (You've Dreamed; Compendium)

Another weird one! (I think I'm a little feverish as my cough and cold work themselves out of my system.)

In the early hours of this morning, I dreamed that the Victorians had a Chicken Telegraph, based on a system of detecting chicken fat! Somehow they could send and receive messages over great distances with this mechanism. There was a lot of technical detail in my dream, and even when I woke I found the ideas churning around my brain.
This made getting back to sleep impossible, so I got up and tried a web search, but no great surprise when this came up blank! (In my dream the C.T. was eventually superceded by the Electric Telegraph.)

Now I didn't eat chicken, or even think about it, yesterday, so what strange brain by-ways led me into this fantastical bit of steam-punk? Possibly my bedside radio mentioned chicken as I was dropping off to sleep...

And now it's gone 4 a.m. and I won't get back to sleep now, so I may as well stay up. But I'll need a good siesta later on! :(

Another weird one! (I think I'm a little feverish as my cough and cold work themselves out of my system.)

In the early hours of this morning, I dreamed that the Victorians had a Chicken Telegraph, based on a system of detecting chicken fat! Somehow they could send and receive messages over great distances with this mechanism. There was a lot of technical detail in my dream, and even when I woke I found the ideas churning around my brain.
This made getting back to sleep impossible, so I got up and tried a web search, but no great surprise when this came up blank! (In my dream the C.T. was eventually superceded by the Electric Telegraph.)

Now I didn't eat chicken, or even think about it, yesterday, so what strange brain by-ways led me into this fantastical bit of steam-punk? Possibly my bedside radio mentioned chicken as I was dropping off to sleep...

And now it's gone 4 a.m. and I won't get back to sleep now, so I may as well stay up. But I'll need a good siesta later on! :(

Victorian chicken telegraph system? :eek: Now, that's quite an image!

Back