• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Festive UL 2

Quetzelcoatl

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
a story doing the rounds in Newcastle boozers over Christmas...

theres a chemical you can buy which negates alcohol in urine - hence you can get blitzed and climb into your car with impunity.

it consists of two small glass vials and costs £500. Its made in Germany. You break the top off a vial and add it to your urine sample in the cop shop. Hey Presto - no trace of alcohol!

no-one I have spoken to has bought the thing, although a few people claim to be able to lay hands on it.

I'm sure, knowing the sort of stand-up guys who claim to be able to provide this sterling service, that the kit comes with a full money back garuntee in the event the vials contain nothing but water (terms and conditions apply - applicants must weigh 16 stone plus, be proficient in several martial arts and armed).

Yeah, but don't cops test for alcohol by breathalyzer and blood tests? Urine's a new one on me.

Ogopogo said:
Yeah, but don't cops test for alcohol by breathalyzer and blood tests? Urine's a new one on me.

you can choose, breath, urine or blood test.

ethelred said:
you can choose, breath, urine or blood test.

The breath test is mandatory, if you refuse your almost certain to be found guilty and lose your licence.

A failed breath test is enough to get you arrested, but a blood and/or urine test is necessary to make the charge stick.

Just don't drink and drive. :rolleyes:

Jane.

p.younger said:
The breath test is mandatory, if you refuse your almost certain to be found guilty and lose your licence.

you can refuse a breath test at the roadside and elect to take a urine / blood test down the nick.

this is a loophole they should close, along with pretending to be unconcious (they currentlt cant take blood from an unconcious person. The law is currently being changed to allow the police to do so).

its been known for someone to refuse the breath test and elect for a blood test. It takes time to get the drunk to the station, then up to four hours for the police doctor to arrive.

then the drunk screams about fear of needles. The doc cant take blood. The drunk then elects to take a urine test and is allowed 1 hour to supply it.

59 minutes later the drunk supplies urine.

elapsed time between getting nicked and supplying sample? Up to 5 hours.

I'm with Jane on this one. One of the few areas where I believe in Zero Tolerence.

Or you do a Withnail, and keep a bottle of unadulterated childs piss down your trousers! :D

Back