• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Festive UL

Hex Kitten said:
I don't know what disturbs me the most, this or your avatar?

I now imagine you to be a scary cross-dresser with beard.:D

You do know me don't you? :eek:

Re: Re: Festive UL

Inhabitant said:
Nilsen lived in Muswell Hill, not Kentish Town. I'm not a serial killer obsessive - my sister owned a flat round the corner from him.

well it was a legend in the urban areas of Kentish Town at the time (oops). Terraced house behind Queens Crescent. I suspect its a bit like Sean Connerys milk round. When he were a lad, old 007 briefly had a milkround in Edinburough. Today anybody over 50 living between Edinburough, Glasgow and Stirling swears Sean used to deliver their milk.

Re: human flesh/pork - the nautical euphemism for human meat is "long pig", suggesting that we do indeed taste more than a little porcine!

I heard Papua New Guinea cannibals called human 'Long Pig'?

and the military has long used porkers in injury / trauma experiments because physiologically they are more or less the same as us.

PS: Another UL doing the rounds in Kentish Town at the time... A young burglar was supposed to have got into Nilsons flat and among the swag was 2 books of drawings & poems which the burglar stashed, since they had no value. After the arrest and publicity the burglar realised what he had and wanted to sell the stuff to the Sunday Papers.

but he couldnt cos it would incriminate him. The talk in the pubs was that he would sell them to a 'third party' for a fraction of their value to the papers.

the burglar was always 'a mate of a guy I know who drinks up Islington'.

Re: Re: Re: Festive UL

ethelred said:
well it was a legend in the urban areas of Kentish Town at the time (oops). Terraced house behind Queens Crescent. I suspect its a bit like Sean Connerys milk round. When he were a lad, old 007 briefly had a milkround in Edinburough. Today anybody over 50 living between Edinburough, Glasgow and Stirling swears Sean used to deliver their milk.

Same as the 100,000 people who claim to have seen the first Sex Pistols live performance.:)

the equivalent of the population of Argentina squeezed into Hyde Park for the post Brian Jones death 'Stones in the Park' gig.

and has anyone NOT shagged Magenta Devine? :p

Reminds me of one of the best lines from Buffy

Spike: Oh please. If every vampire who said he was at the crucifixion was actually there, it would have been bigger than Woodstack. I was actually at Woodstock. Fed on a flower child and spent the rest of the night watching my hand move.

AndroMan said:
there's an economy that used to revolve around pork rearing.
The New Guinea Pig Rearing Culture
and I've also heard of
The New Guinea Pig Wars

those Guinea Pigs can be vicious

Back