• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fooled them....!!

A

Anonymous

'UFO' was laser from nightclub roof

A suspected UFO in Essex was actually a laser pointed at the sky from a nightclub celebrating its opening night.

The lights that made circles in the sky came from Fraziers nightclub in Wickford.

Residents say they were convinced the lights were from a UFO. Police received several worried calls.

Club boss Alistair Burrell told the Evening Echo: "I am sorry to disappoint everybody but it really was nothing more than that.

"I think too many people have been watching Independence Day on the TV but I suppose the lights could look a bit like a UFO."

Resident Ellen Howard said: "I was standing outside watching them and I thought it must be a UFO. It was a bit frightening, I can tell you. But I knew I wasn't imagining it because I am of sound mind."

Ananova November 16th 2001

We live on top of a hill and I've seen nightclubs shining lasers about. I can see what they meant, it did look pretty weird.

Shame it wasn't UFOs though. Isn't life dull?

Az

Dull ????

I don't know about dull, but it can be pretty annoying at times. like when you see something that could be out of this world, and it turns out to be man made for example.........still, keep watching and waiting...

Moggadon

Perhaps if the nightclub had offered free tickets and booze, it might have attracted a few real UFOs:p

Carole

the same thing has happened down here, the lights shining from the top of a nightclub...who says we're slow down here in Devon??!!!

Down here in the sticky-out bit one of the clubs regularly had a laser display. Not one UFO report, even from the emmets

Thats right, ants, but now also dialect for tourists.

Back