• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Funnies

A

Anonymous

How about lightening up with Fortean humour? Anyone got any jokes or amusing situations of a Fortean flavour?

Like for instance:

Did you hear the one about the Bigfoot, Owlman, and Dracula who went into a pub? Bigfoot stepped up to the bar: "Two pints of lager, and a Bloody Mary please." The barman returned shortly with the drinks. "That's £14.50. Hey, we don't get many of your kind in here."
Bigfoot: "At your prices, I'm not surprised."
:)

But seriously (?), wasn't there some kind of daft 'Allo 'Allo-like plan to disguish explosives or incendiaries as vermin and drop them into Nazi Germany?

And then there was the plan I once read that described how the Allies were intending to spike Hitler's food supply with estrogens, the idea being, I think, that when he grew breasts, he would quietly retire from aggressive public life...

Yup this stirs some memories of stuff released from the Public
Record Office some years back regarding old James Bond stuff
that was no longer secret.

I think there was also a landmine designed to look like a
camel-dropping. It caused jaws to drop when someone opened
a crate of the devices . . . :rolleyes:

Obviously intended for use when the s**t hit the alluvial fan?

Actally the alies droped dead rats stuffed with high explosive over German industrial areas. Then they droped fake German information leaflets saying that the Allies were droping Rats infected with plauge and that any dead rats found lying around shoud be incinerated.

Cujo

The "camel dung" land mine was apparently produced in different disguises depending on the intended country of use. I can remember a story of a couple of people from the War Office being sent down to the London Zoo to get a cast of an elephants dropping!!!!:blah:

There was also an attempt to attach incendiary devices to bats, timed to go off during the day time, when the bats were roosting. There was even a claim that this had been tested, (somewhere in England). The bats escaped & roosted in a nearby barn, which it was claimed burnt down.

I just wonder if anyone was paid to dream up these daft ideas.:rolleyes:

Back