• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Times Presents Monster Hunters

Apologies for not replying earlier, despite being tagged I did not see the alert.

The magazine is a compilation of previous articles. Each article has the cover of the relevant issue as a starter.

The new material is a two page introduction by Karl Shuker and then each article has just less than half a page thoughts at the end, again courtesy of Karl.

Apologies for not replying earlier, despite being tagged I did not see the alert.

The magazine is a compilation of previous articles. Each article has the cover of the relevant issue as a starter.

The new material is a two page introduction by Karl Shuker and then each article has just less than half a page thoughts at the end, again courtesy of Karl.

Thank you.

A little late to the party here! I bought the magbook and thought it a good buy. The articles are repeats / rewrites but it's nice to have them all in one place.

We had a visit from my cousin and her little boy who is just five years old and recently started, in his words, 'big school'. I was a bit careful putting my current FT aside before the visit as I was thinking it would be unsuitable for the lad. The 'Monster Hunters' magbook was accidentally left out where he was able to get at it. I went to take the magbook away but the boy started rhyming off 'monster' names such as bigfoot, yeti and gul! I asked his mum if it was OK for the little one to see these 'monsters' and she replied that he would be fine as he had seen such things online. Kids being curious and all. The lad told me he had recently seen a movie where a young bigfoot had to search for his bigfoot father and the child then said something I found quite good for someone his age; 'You know these monsters are not at all bad. Some of them just want to live in peace.'.

So! I now have another little Fortean to have discussions with [appropriately]. All thanks to an accidental viewing of the magbook by the child.

A little late to the party here! I bought the magbook and thought it a good buy. The articles are repeats / rewrites but it's nice to have them all in one place.

We had a visit from my cousin and her little boy who is just five years old and recently started, in his words, 'big school'. I was a bit careful putting my current FT aside before the visit as I was thinking it would be unsuitable for the lad. The 'Monster Hunters' magbook was accidentally left out where he was able to get at it. I went to take the magbook away but the boy started rhyming off 'monster' names such as bigfoot, yeti and gul! I asked his mum if it was OK for the little one to see these 'monsters' and she replied that he would be fine as he had seen such things online. Kids being curious and all. The lad told me he had recently seen a movie where a young bigfoot had to search for his bigfoot father and the child then said something I found quite good for someone his age; 'You know these monsters are not at all bad. Some of them just want to live in peace.'.

So! I now have another little Fortean to have discussions with [appropriately]. All thanks to an accidental viewing of the magbook by the child.

Be certain to tell him they are all real and live under his bed/in his wardrobe.

Is it possible to buy the Monster Hunters, and the new Ghosts and Hauntings issue, in digital form? Brazil is very far from the UK, and magazines might arrive here with damage.

Back