• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Funny Folk Tale

A

Anonymous

I saw this folk tale and it made me laugh so much.

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/monuments.html

The Seven Stones of Morin

Germany
Not far from the town of Morin in Neumark there are seven stones standing together in a field. They are called simply "the Seven Stones." According to legend they are seven young men who wantonly moistened their bread and cheese there in an indecent manner. As punishment for this wickedness, they were immediately turned into stones.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Source: J. D. H. Temme, Die Volkssagen der Altmark. Mit einem Anhange von Sagen aus den übrigen Marken und aus dem Magdeburgischen (Berlin: In der Nicolaischen Buchhundlung, 1839), pp. 99-100.

* Return to the table of contents.

LOL

that's made my otherwise rather crappy day

"moistened in an idecent manner?" WTF?

Niles ":confused:" Calder

Youve never heard of the bread game?? Apparently a group of guys sit in a circle, and the
last one to release on the bread has to eat it.:D I hear it is popular nowadays for initiation
into frat houses.

bread game

tastyintestines said:
Youve never heard of the bread game?? Apparently a group of guys sit in a circle, and the
last one to release on the bread has to eat it.:D I hear it is popular nowadays for initiation
into frat houses.

here in britain it's called the biscit game and is played over a digestive biscuit.

It is claimed to happen in public schools and as such 'proves' that our betters are moraly reprehensable.

Why they have to invent a story to show the rampent homosexuality in public schools is beyond me as Deric Jarman covers the whole thing in the first volume of his memouars.

On the other hand some people I know who have been to boarding school have claimed that the whole homosexuality thing is a load of rubish...meby they just missed out on the fun.

I went to boarding school and behaved in a decent and civillised way at all times, I certainly didn't have any 'fun' as you call it.

Rich said:
I went to boarding school and behaved in a decent and civillised way at all times, I certainly didn't have any 'fun' as you call it.

I didn't mean to cause any offence. I was mearly discussing the mythology of homosexuality in public schools.

I do not see, however, how engaging in same sex coupling is not 'decent and civillised'

Back