• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Ghost Knocking Over Boxes" Caught On Video

giantrobot1

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Poor thing, having to haunt Poundstretchers...

The ghost in the shop...
Is this really a ghost captured on camera? Watch the video of CCTV footage from a shop in Gloucester, which some people say shows a ghostly apparition knocking over a pile of boxes...

Televisions crews, psychics and paranormal investigators have been flocking to a store in Gloucester that seems to have video proof of the existence of a ghost...

After finding the store a mess one morning staff at Poundstretcher on Eastgate Street examined CCTV footage of the night before.

What shocked them was the sight of a ghostly figure of a Victorian woman pushing a whole pallet of goods to the ground....
Paranormal investigator inspecting green slime
A strange green slime in the cellar?

A bit of research shows that the shop stands on the site of an old Theatre - The Theatre Royal, later known as The Palace. It was first opened in 1791 and closed in 1922.

There have been previous stories of a haunting in the building. One such tale tells of a young woman who, it's said, took her own life, and was found hanging from a piece of theatre equipment beneath the stage.

It's the ghost of this poor woman who staff claim to have captured on camera.

The deputy manageress of Poundstretcher, Sue Cooper, told us it's not the first time she's come into close contact with the apparition. She said, "You can often feel her presence, sometimes you can feel an icy cold. You can feel a gagging or choking, especially downstairs in the cellar."

What do you think? Click on the link below to watch the CCTV footage. You can also listen to Sue Cooper's interview on BBC Radio Gloucestershire about the "Ghost in the Shop"...

link

edited by TheQuixote: created hyperlink

Maybe it's just me but I really couldn't see anyone victorian or otherwise in the clip. The 'shadow' behind the boxes certainly appears to be rather on the small side for a victorian lady! Also the boxes start falling from the point furthest away from the supposed spook. Not particularly convincing I'd say.

Can anyone actually see the ghost in that video? I can't, but then I'm useless at those Magic Eye things as well.

Having listened to the rather bizarre interview with Ms Cooper (She's 'ere! Honest!), I suspect that the ghost exists only in her fevered imagination.

can't see anything i'm afraid, not even with my new specs on!

Poundstretcher's tho? what a rough deal. for me it would be Marks and Sparks or nothing! ;)

The grey patch that is implied as being the ghost doesn't seem to move to me. Quite a leap of faith to describe it as a victorian lady IMO.

not totally convinced... seems a bit "dick and jane" to me... someone filming a monitor, why didn't they take a copy of the tape??

as to the content, as usual fuzzy out of focus vague imagery where we're told exactly what we're supposed to be seeing before we watch it.

that's about as far from proof as you're ever going to get.

to sum up? ghost/pile of rags/misc. poundstrecher stock who knows?

has anyone checked if there has been an increase in the takings at this particular poundstrecher this week?

err, don't want to seem dense (even tho i am :oops: ) but.....

kiel_d said:
"dick and jane"

...eh?

victorian lady? hmm. think i can see another debate about ghost archetypes looming! ;)

sorry, i mean amateur or low quality... i expected a bit better production quality since the link appears on a Beeb site..

Obviously when finding the place 'in a tip' the morning after, and once they'd checked the CCTV footage - "Hark!" they cry, "it must be a ghost!"

Indeed.

Anyone ever thought of not stacking potentially top-heavy or wobbly stuff up that high? Disaster waiting to happen....

Although if it had creamed a casual shopper, then they would have a disgruntled spook to worry about....

It just looks like some boxes falling over, something they can easily do without supernatural influence.

Damn Windows Media I need an extension file to play it! :evil:

Saw it on another forum but wouldn't know what tothink unless I see the video because without the outline I wouldn't think a ghost was on it otherwise.

I am highly sceptical of this Video for a number of reasons, most have already been raised here.

What I would really like to know is was anything else in the store touched, they say they found the store in a mess, if this means that other stuff had been moved too then it would make the case a lot more intrieguing(sp)

Actually many shops and stores are the centre of a mysterious activity which might, for some, be interpreted as paranormal.

After all, how else do objects in the store mysteriously disappear without trace.....

-

Rrose_Selavy said:
After all, how else do objects in the store mysteriously disappear without trace.....

-

Thiefs are a possible answer though or someone who works there niocking them.

kiel_d said:
not totally convinced... seems a bit "dick and jane" to me... someone filming a monitor, why didn't they take a copy of the tape??

as to the content, as usual fuzzy out of focus vague imagery where we're told exactly what we're supposed to be seeing before we watch it.

has anyone checked if there has been an increase in the takings at this particular poundstrecher this week?
That is precisely what i posted on their web site.It's a total croc! :evil:

kiel_d said:

More info here :http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/content/articles/2005/09/28/poundstretcher_ghost_feature.shtml

To be honest it would take more than a ghost sighting to get me into poundstretcher!! shopping in gloucester is bad enough as it is!!

Back