• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Good drugs, no side effects!

mikelegs

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I'd never listen to the radio if I had a choice in the matter, but the PA system at work doesn't give me that choice. I fear for my sanity, especially with the recent new ads. Lately there have been ads for interesting 'all-natural' drugs with 'no side-effects.' A few of them are to increase the male's sex drive/stamina. One ad which I almost followed up on claims to give you a natural feeling of ecstasy. I *think* they're all claiming to be totally natural, and they definitely all claim to have no side effects. Are these drugs popping up anywhere else? Has anyone tried them (don't be shy!)? Anybody know where I can get some kind of summary of their clinical trials?

I think two of the man-drugs are 'Maximus' and 'B-Factor', but not sure. I'll try to write down the names of some the next time I hear the ads. Thanks all.

I take a lot of medication,and my doctor said something along the lines of:
"Any drug which has a good effect is likely to have an unwanted side-effect."
Of course,not everyone gets these side-effects,andsome of them can be very minor.Perhaps the stuff you heard about is homeopathic?

Mike, heard of one drug in the news in the last couple of days, Melotonin..not sure of the spelling...it's supposed to confer stamina and slow down the ageing process, it's on sale in the US, but not in Europe due to concerns about long term side effects.

They may be legal now (are you sure?)... but how long before the Daily Hate Mail and co. get a whiff of that, and start moaning about the govt being "soft on drugs" by not banning them immediately?

Drug policy is totally irrational from the point of view of rational risk-assessment. Even though the safety record of Ecstasy appears to be much better than many medicinal drugs, there has been such a media hysteria over a handful of lethal Ectsasy accidents (mostly due to lack of water and/or contamination, both of which could be addressed by legalisation and education).

In any case, you're far more likely to be killed by your doctor than by popping an El!! Iatrogenesis (medically-induced illness) is one of the leading causes of death in the Western world.

I think some conservatives just have a knee-jerk reaction that drugs=evil. (Or in some cases, pleasure=evil.)

Right, that's enough soapboxing.

Re: Re: Good drugs, no side effects!

mr chopper said:
I have heard and tried many of these drugs!! they're a good laugh there is a shop in manchester called 'Doctor Hermans headshop' they sell some crazy stuff!

Oh yes, Hermans Head shop, fantasitc place. Great selection of flavored rolling papers and 'herbal teas':D

Anyone have a link to this cornucopea of wonders?

btw melatonin doesn't confer stamina, it puts you to sleep. not licensed in the uk but available over the counter in the us. it's the stuff your brain releases to make you feel sleepy, very handy for getting over jetlag (i can never sleep at the best of times) and no noticeable short-term side effects.

Purely for research reasons and not at all because I wish to
give a Druid's Dream to a maiden aunt, has anyone got the
location of Herman's Head Shop? ;)

The internet drew a blank on this one, maybe because it's
spelled Hed Shop? However a quick glance in the phone book
gives the following:

Dr Herman's Smoking Hardware, 57, Church Street, Manchester 4
Tel: 0161 834 1130

For those not within easy reach, they appear to have a mail order
outlet:
Dr Hermans Mail Order, 8, Irwell House, East Philip Street, Salford.
Tel: 0161 281 0466

I should add "at your own risk". That's Auntie Freda's gift sorted
anyway. ;)

There can't be a drug like the one described here. Cos that would break the law that says "Everything good in life is either fattening, bad for you or immoral."

Cats are the lucky ones - they have catnip, it gives them a great trip, but is non-addictive, non-fattening and you don't get a hangover afterwards. If only there were something similar for humans . . .
:cool:

Carole

How many cats have personally testified that they don't get hangovers from Catnip, Carole?

rynner said:
How many cats have personally testified that they don't get hangovers from Catnip, Carole?

Well, my two never reach for the Resolve after a catnip session, nor do they lie abed till midday, moaning and groaning . . . (I ought to have known some smarta*** would ask that question!!:p

Carole

For some reason I started seeing junkie cats for my minds eye. Cats trying to tie a plastic tube around their arm while holding a syringe in the other paw. Surreal.

It's very odd but our families cats toms and queens have never been attracted to catnip.

Note on ecstacy several of the deaths have been due to excessive intake of water

Drugs which claim to benefit the male member mostly have their desired effect through the circulatory system. Therefore they have other benefits and 'side' effects, most commonly high blood pressure. One example is Gingko Bilbao.

Xanatic said:
For some reason I started seeing junkie cats for my minds eye. Cats trying to tie a plastic tube around their arm while holding a syringe in the other paw. Surreal.

Nah, they sniff it, Xanatic. One of my cats found the 'stash' of catnip one day and I returned home to find him on the hearthrug, amidst the scattered catnip, stoned out of his mind ('hey man, grade A sh*t, man!") Mind you, there were no credit cards or rolled up bank notes around, so he must have just sniffed it as it was . . .

Carole

One would be well advised to research carefully before dabbling with legal/herbal highs. Just cos something is herbal/legal doesn't mean it can't kill you or seriously mess with your head in ways you may not expect/enjoy (my salvia experiments stand as testimony to this .... that stuff is not some weed substitute, it can be frighteningly intense!). For instance many legal drug preparations (e.g. herbal "xtc") contain ephedrine-type substances which can lead to serious health problems etc etc .... you would be well advised to check out eg http://www.erowid.org etc before downing/snorting/smoking any mind-bending chemicals, naturally produced, synthesized, whatever.

Also when you see some product in the supermarket that contains "All natural ingredients", don't forget uranium is also a natural ingredient. Along with several other very fatal chemicals.

Xanatic said:
Also when you see some product in the supermarket that contains "All natural ingredients", don't forget uranium is also a natural ingredient. Along with several other very fatal chemicals.
Kinda makes me think there might one day be a Sainsburys own-brand organic Flying Ointment offered as a special on Samhain or Beltane, "with added Monkshood and Fly Agaric"

I went to purchase some garlick, at Tesco's, about the time of All Hallows Eve & was unable to find the stuff.....Finally found it repackaged in a black & red box with bats & vampires on it:confused:

So this year garlick is packaged as vampire repellant, next year herbs & berries as "flying ointment"?????:devil:

good drugs

The Aboriginals have a pretty good drug,called Pituri it comes from the bush Dubossi Hopwoodi it is combined with wattle(Acasia) ash to allow metabolic uptake.I know now what the Dream Time is,I hugged the earth and felt the song lines in the ground.Very unusual.

Re: good drugs

wildman said:
The Aboriginals have a pretty good drug,called Pituri it comes from the bush Dubossi Hopwoodi it is combined with wattle(Acasia) ash to allow metabolic uptake.I know now what the Dream Time is,I hugged the earth and felt the song lines in the ground.Very unusual.
Now the Eden Projects down the road, I wonder what their Antipodean stock is like.

good drugs no bad effects

I hope some spread of native drugs happens,aparently there is another thing they used that is just as effective as morphine, but Ill have to hunt up the name as I can't remember it.

Think I'll just stick with me ganja - no side effects, non-addictive, no contraindications, natural high, rigorously tested over 2000 years...

Back