• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Green UFO Over the Straight of Georgia

A

Anonymous

Well, if fellow Forteans are not bored with my ufo-related stories yet, here's a couple of unusual photos I took last month. I was out on the beach seeing the cruise ships off to Alaska, as the local tradition goes. If you look just to the right of the ship, you will see a glowing green ball. The next photo shows it has moved to the port side. Direction: westbound. As I recollect, the time difference between the shots was less than a minute as I took a few steps along the shore looking for a better frame.

Of course, I didn't see anything until I downloaded the day's catch to my comp and enlarged these two pics. My apologies for the fairly poor quality but the file size restrictions are preventing me from sharing the original.

Photo #2: the green ball is now on the port side of the ship

I have to say it took me a while to even see what you are refering to.

As you didn't see anything at the time I suspect there might be a reason for that - it looks to me like some kind of effect caused by the sun reflecting from the sea or possibly just the very start of lens flare as the sun is immediately to the left of the pictures.

I think I can see several cigar-shaped objects hovering close to the beach, too.

taras said:
I think I can see several cigar-shaped objects hovering close to the beach, too.

That might be due to the sewerage system - we get a lot of that here washing down the Mersey ;)

I thought you were taking the p!ss when I saw the first photo, I mean something so indistinct & vague, looks no more that a slight glitch.
But seeing as you submitted a 2nd shot & the artifact is located at different coordinates on it (check the coords in PSP or MS Paint) it's got to be more than that. Could still have a mundane explaination, but there's definitely something there.

When we got back from a long weekend away, my flatmate downloaded his photos and we discovered one of them had a purple, oblong UFO crossing the path of the sun.

After about 3 minutes we realised it was a bit of Branston's Pickle on the lens.

Flying Penguin - no problem. As long as you keep trying to make out there's something in your digital photos, I'll be here with the sarky comments :)

Both look like a refraction effect from the lens.

What green ball, can someone post a pic with a pointer cos I cant see it.

I get the feeling it might be like the "George VI's face appeared in a shop window just after the Queen Mother died" thing in the 25th anniversary edition of FT letters page.

Flying Penguin - do these things just leap out at you when you first d/l and view them, or do you really have to go looking for them?

Come to that, have you ever taken a pic without spotting a UFO in it somewhere?

Pete Younger said:
What green ball, can someone post a pic with a pointer cos I cant see it.

Attached ball 1 with circle around it.

Nope, still cant see anything apart from the small smudge to the right of the ship which looks like another ship in the distance.

I have blown it up, circled it but it is quite pixelated as I don't have access to Photoshop right now.

Pete Younger said:
Nope, still cant see anything apart from the small smudge to the right of the ship which looks like another ship in the distance.

Curiously, this other ship is only visible in one of the photos. Eithier it was hidden behind the nearer ship in the other pic, or else the green ball hoovered it up and flew off with it!

Seriously though, the human eye is always attracted to movement, and if there really had been a glowing green sphere flying around I'm sure you would have noticed it at the time - as would many other people on the beach.

Elffriend said:
And the other one. Hope you can see them Pete.

Thanks for the effort but I think it's a common-or-garden orb, albeit a very faint one.

Pete Younger said:
Thanks for the effort but I think it's a common-or-garden orb, albeit a very faint one.

Yup have to agree with you there Pete!!

Back