• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

How many new discoveries?

taras

Least Haunted
How many more discoveries will it take before humanity "arrives"? And what would they be?

I reckon invisibility, and getting lots of energy from a drop of water (fission?)...

We never get there, Taras. We just travel hopefully.

However there may be a technological singularity in the next twenty to two hundred years, which will change all our lives drastically;
it is my opinion that this event will only be the beginning of a greater journey, which will never come to a conclusion that we can imagine...

or it might just all go horribly wrong.

still, we can have some fun trying to imagine this journey before the event.

I'd love to see humanity discover some kind of effect that we can use to advance technology great leaps but don't understand why or how it happens one bit. I don't mean like gravity, I mean like, maybe, if you could stack three round objects on top of each other in a vacuum, and the middle one glowed brightly. Something really silly. That'd make us look clever, but really, really stupid at the same time...

taras said:
How many more discoveries will it take before humanity "arrives"? And what would they be?

I reckon invisibility, and getting lots of energy from a drop of water (fission?)...

I don't think we'll ever arive as each new discovery opens up new posibilitys.

It's not geting there that's inportent, it's the journey.

Back