• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

How to Good-Bye Depression:

Philo_T

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Suprisingly, a messageboard search didn't turn up a thread on this, so I'm starting one.

Hiroyuki Nishigaki had his 15 minutes of internet fame back around 2000 with the provocatively titled "How to Good-Bye Depression: If You Constrict Anus 100 Times Everyday. Malarkey? or Effective Way?" which he followed up with "Rejuvenation and Unveiled Hidden Phenix: Carlos Castaneda Shamanism Plus a After His Death ".

Has anyone out there actually sat down and read "How to Good-Bye Depression"? From the net.hype, this sounds like he is promoting PCR or Kegel exercises as psychological panacea, is that impression correct?

Is this guy promoting some offshoot of "Falun Gong" ?

Oh it's been mentioned in passing somewhere, the sphincter part
anyway.

I don't think we really got to the bottom of it, though. :p

Well according to a poll on this board, which has only just reached my attention, 70% of respondents have (or currently are) suffering from depression.

Your post may well be the answer the their prayers:eek!!!!:

Doctor: I want you to just keep flexing your sphincter.
Patient: I'm not feeling any better.
Doctor: No, but I am - and don't talk with the pillow in your mouth!
:eek:

Bilderberger said:
Well according to a poll on this board, which has only just reached my attention, 70% of respondents have (or currently are) suffering from depression.
It's all right, don't worry, be happy, I've applied rigorous analysis to the poll and statistically, it's not what it seems, as usual. ;)

Well I've been doing PC exercises for years and it doesn't seem to have any effect on my depression.

Helped in labour though.

Cujo

What if one has depression and Chalfont's*?

* Grapes of Wrath, Emma Freuds, piles etc

beakboo said:
What if one has depression and Chalfont's*?

* Grapes of Wrath, Emma Freuds, piles etc

Aye, nothing worse that a bad case of the Nobbies, metrics or whatever you want to call them... really can sink you into the depths of despair.

However, I do usually enjoy the itching part of the complaint... very satisfying at times... just like scratching athlete's foot (before the skin between the toes becomes raw and painful)!

philfort said:
Aye, nothing worse that a bad case of the Nobbies, metrics
Nobbies? Metrics? Please explain the etymology, I'm intrigued (as well as in pain)

beakboo said:
Nobbies? Metrics? Please explain the etymology, I'm intrigued (as well as in pain)
Nobby Stiles? Metric Miles? What could it all mean? :confused:

By a happy coincidence I can relate that a certain Viz strip, Nobby's Piles, reduces me to public tears of depression-busting laughter AND contains all the known epithets for haemorrhoids.

It makes you sad because you know you should be happy but can't. Chemicals aren't always the actual cause.

Back