• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Indian Cow Dung Worth Its Weight In... Diamonds?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Cow swallows 1722 diamonds

A diamond merchant in western India whose cow swallowed a small bag of diamonds has laboured for three days to make the animal pass dung so that he can recover the precious stones.

Dilubhai Rajput has been able to retrieve 310 of the 1,722 small diamonds, worth about £492, which the cow ate up after the bag containing it was left in a haystack.

The businessman and his staff fed the cow lots of grass, grain and fruit and with the help of a veterinary doctor gave it lots of laxatives to extract the stones.

They were rewarded with some success after they had groped in the dung with their bare hands for three days.

Hindustan Times reports the resident of Limbudi town, 70 km from Ahmedabad told the Indo Asian News Service: "For three days I tried hard to retrieve my precious gems. But killing the cow would have angered animal lovers, so I tried a different way.

"I am sure within a week I will retrieve all my diamonds from the cow," he said.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_857161.html

I really like the fact that the precise number of diamonds (1772) is known. You know this chap is going to be raking through each and every pat until all of them are recovered. Oh, and, of course, the fact that its a cow in India means he can't just chop the greedy blighter up. :D

edit: making two posts concerning poo in one day is slightly worrying.

The Yithian said:
edit: making two posts concerning poo in one day is slightly worrying.

Its not a problem as long as you post another 2 tomorrow - we all know how important it is to be regular ;)

I love the story - what if he actually had 1721 diamonds (he'd miscounted or someone had stolen one)? He'd then spend the rest of his days seiving dung - somehow that makes me all warm inside (thats the beauty of drinking hot chocolate and not eating diamonds) :)

Emps

"They were rewarded with some success after they had groped in the dung with their bare hands for three days."

I shouldn't think any reward was great enough after that! :cross eye

Back