• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Info On Sliders?

A

Anonymous

Can anyone help me with research on phenomenon which I always thougt was called 'slider' ie people who have an effect on electrical appliances etc, for example if this person walks underneath a streetlight and the bulb goes out or blows. Can anyone help me with the correct terminology and perhaps any useful sources to find out more??

I know almost nothing about the subject. But, a term commonly used is 'Street Light Interference' or SLI. Searches around this or other Fortean websites using these phrases should yield some results.

:)

Sliders

I know nothing about why it happens, but it does seem to happen to me.
About 6 years ago there was a street lamp that always used to switch off as I walked underneath it on my way to the shops. As I returned the lamp would turn itself back on again as I was either very close or underneath it. For a few years I thought nothing of this until a friend commented that it seemed to happen every time I passed this lamp. One evening we watched the lamp from a distance for quite some time (you do when you're a kid with nothing to do :) ) and noticed it didn't turn itself off for anybody else.
I have now moved to a new area and again, there is a lamp that switches itself off when I'm around. This time it turns itself off as I start walking up the street (roughly 50 yards away from the street lamp) and as I am directly underneath it turns back on again.
I'd be very interested to hear from anybody who could fill me in on this subject. Is this just a pure coincidince that I pick streets with faulty lamps, or is there more to it????

heres the link to the street light inteference thread
hope this helps
street light interferance

cas

Last edited by a moderator:
Back