• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Interested in Psychic Valerie Clarke...

Awestruck_

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I recently read that a UK psychic named Valerie Clarke predicted 9/11 on the BBC's "Kilroy Show." Does anyone have a link, or more information about her?

Thank you 4imix! :) (I didn't find a thing when I typed her name into Google!?)

She didn't do the promised Kilroy re-appearence and has sunk without trace. Personally, I think it was all a bit of a hoax.

Annasdottir said:
She didn't do the promised Kilroy re-appearence and has sunk without trace. Personally, I think it was all a bit of a hoax.
I'm sorry, but I just have to ask. (Maybe there's something I'm not getting?) Would you please be kind enough to explain how a prediction recorded on film/video witnessed by, oh, quite a few people, be a hoax? I would really like to know how you came to this as a possible conclusion. I just can't figure it out.:confused:

I shall attempt to make myself clearer.
In the original Lancashire Evening News front-page interview with Ms. Clarke (not now online as far as I can tell), she claimed that she had appeared on 'Kilroy' some months before Sept 11th and related a prophetic dream about it, on camera - the reporter didn't mention seeing a recording of this appearance. The article then went on to state that she had been invited back onto the show in a few days time, where her prediction would be verified.
After that - nowt, nada, zilch. No follow-up ever appeared, either in that newspaper or anywhere else that I could find. Not being in a position to watch every Kilroy show for her heralded re-apearance, I put out the info on a couple of email lists and asked people to try to catch the show for me - nobody reported seeing her, or indeed any Kilroy show that featured predictions that month. No mention of her anywhere. if her claim about the TV footage of her prediction is true, then where is it? Where is she?
Hence my remark about it being a possible hoax. In one of my posts on the original thread about Valerie Clarke and her Kilroy appearance, I said:
I may be wrong, but I think the going rate nowadays for a local newspaper interview+pix is £200.

EDIT to add: This is the quote from the original newspaper interview (I recorded it in another of my posts in the above thread):
During her first Kilroy appearance, she told the audience: "In my dream I was at the World Trade Centre wandering the streets – I was in some sort of barricade when the building blew up.
"At the same time this plane went down behind it. In my dream I was not sure if the plane had gone into the building."
That was the whole of her prediction, apparently..

Thanks for the additional info Annasdottir. :) What I'm really interested in is the original recording on the "Kilroy Show" of her prophetic dream. (If indeed it did in fact happen.)

Of course the importance of a prediction of any kind is that it happen before the predicted event, and that there be a reliable witness to the prediction. I've never seen the "Kilroy show." I'm in a different part of the world and I don't have satellite TV. I assume it's a UK televison program, but for all I know it doesn't even exist.

If it is a real TV show it would seem to me to not be an impossible thing to confirm whether or not the prediction actually happened as reported in the newspaper. I'll see if I can find anything on the "Kilroy Show" on the web. I'm new to the internet, and so far I've been really dreadful at researching on it, but I'll give it a try.

It's not called the "Kilroy Show," it's just called "Kilroy." It's presented by ex-politician Robert Kilroy-Silk and is basically a daytime debate show on BBC1.

Think Jerry Springer without the violence, and remove some of the production values. That'll give you the idea.

'Kilroy' is a daily BBC TV talk show, rather similiar to 'Jerry Springer' (presenter Robert Kilroy-Silk is even a former politician, like Springer), but with rather less of the "I Saw my Sister Having Sex With My Gandmother's Rottwieller" content. It frequently features clairvoyants, paranormalists etc. It doesn't seem to have it's own website - you might be able to contact the show's producers through the BBC .
I still think that if the footage did confirm what Ms. Clarke claimed she said, we'd have heard a lot more of it.

Thanks Darrenxyz and Annasdottir. I'll stop looking for the website. I've already posted a few requests for help in this on other UK forums. I'll try the BBC, if I don't get bored with the whole thing. I don't know why I'm particularly interested in this. I suppose it's because it would please me to have such a public confirmation of someone's abilities to confound skeptics, but true skeptics would doubtless find some reason to disbelieve nonetheless. It's probably time I gave up caring even a little.

I'm a complete believer in psychic abilities of all kinds. I've had a few confirmed moments myself, and I was once close to an individual who was for lack of a better word, a wizard. He could do "impossible" things. (I don't expect anyone who does not know him, or know others like him to believe a word.) I've known two people who had what might be called extreme paranormal abilities. Both had been trained from childhood in ancient traditions, and I can tell you they will never appear on TV, give a workshop, or write a book.

It does seem that more would have been heard about this if it happened as reported. Especially since I assume Valerie Clarke was on TV for the purpose of self-promotion to begin with. She was identified as a "psychic." It could be she was misquoted by the papers. I'm in no way well known, but was involved in politics years ago, and I've been misquoted, and have friends who were regularly misquoted by reporters.

Or perhaps she had a major spiritual experience, became a full-blown psychic, and went into hiding to escape the masses. (Probably not. :) ) I am curious as to what happened to her though. It sounds like she just vanished. Maybe I'll look a little more. At any rate, thanks for your help.

Awestruck said:
I am curious as to what happened to her though. It sounds like she just vanished. Maybe I'll look a little more. At any rate, thanks for your help.
I live in the same town as Valerie Clarke, and that newspaper interview was the one and only time I ever heard of her.

Back