• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Interesting Pictures

_Gnomey_

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
These are pictures belong to a user from a gaming forums friend. He posted them there, but I figured he'd get better educated responses here. The photo was taken in an old abandoned warehouse/car park on a Ghost Tour in Melbourne. Basically they told me they were on the tour at midnight and nothing much was happening at all. They took the pictures I'll attach below without noticing anything at the time.

Supposedly an axe murderer killed a lot of people in the warehouse.

They have told the guy who runs the tour and he is eager to take a look at the photos.

There's two photos for each - one is the original, and one is edited so you can see it better. I had to turn up the brightness on my PC a lot to see anything. I have put a smiley face over the girl's face in the photo to protect her privacy.

Remember that these photos haven't been forwarded, but were taken by this persons friend.

The following has 2 figures, one in the arch and a face in the window:

Cimg0008.jpg

And here's the edited version for easier viewing:
Cimg0008B.jpg

The following is a pic taken of the girl I know looking at her digital camera, but something is looking at her from above. This one is the creepy one I think.
Cimg0007.jpg

Cimg0007B.jpg

All feedback is welcomed. Cheers

Unfortunately the photos are too dark for me to make anything out!

The first is a trick of the light, the second looks like a smudge on the lens.

Couldn't see a thing in any of the pix, sorry. And I'm usually so good at that sort of thing...

Does your face look like that?
is thier a pupase to the smilie

Demon Avenger said:
Does your face look like that?
is thier a pupase to the smilie
The smilie is there to protect the identity of the woman in the photo.
If you're having trouble seeing the picture, turn the brightness right up on your monitor. I can see the photo quite well and can easily make out the possible ghosts in question.

Well, I'm afraid to say, after a bit of jiggery pokery of my own, photo 2. looks like a bit of photoshopping to me.

Check out the guy with the blanket under his armpits and wrapped round his torso.

Check out smooth dark area round figure and rougher smudged outline beyond. Cut, paste and smudge?

Check out attachment, below:

And anyway - one simply cannot assess the validity of any jpeg image, unfortunately. The effects of the compression can be too easily used to help mask the retouching.

I don't think it looks real, as I have spent the last four years using photoshop I believe it to be a fake a human head and torso Juxtaposed on to another image.

With regards to the first picture, I'm not sure what's more interesting. The space with the possible spectre face or the obvious "face" on the right of the pic.
Doesn't FT pay money for such pictures :eek:

With regards to the second pic.
At first glance there's nothing there. Turning up the brightness of my monitor only gives me a vauge smudge. So I resorted to my standard form of "Enhancing" a dark image, just incase I missed something. I use this method all the time for family and friends, and it's not uncommon to reveal what drinks are on the optics of a bar, when the bar is just black in the background.

Using Paint Shop Pro 7:

Copy the image to a new layer and convert it to a negative of the original.
Change the layer properties to "dodge" and play with the level slider.

What is strange about this image is that it's only really clear at 99% and that gives a perfect greyscale image in an otherwise colourful background. That's very, very odd and smacks of being added into the picture.

I have to say it's probably a photo chop. It just looks too much like a politician leaning over to kiss a baby, with someone infront of him being erased.

I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for all of the feeback folks. Here's a larger version of one of the pictures. What do you people think about the apparition that I've circled?
ghostpic.jpg

Cheers:D

Gnomey g said:
Thanks for all of the feeback folks. Here's a larger version of one of the pictures. What do you people think about the apparition that I've circled?
ghostpic.jpg

Looks like Sadako from 'Ring'.
Fakes IMO.

Gnomey g said:
What do you people think about the apparition that I've circled?
ghostpic.jpg

Hmm. Interesting, I think another fake. If you check out the the arm, lower right of the picture, it definitely looks stretched. Perhaps to fill the gap a bit better? ;)

Ahh yes ye olde melbourne ghost tour.. The photos were taken in what is now a parking garage, but was in the past an old Cobb & Co stable (horse drawn coaches and such). The story goes that an employee, (possibly fed up of shovling horse shit all day) got a bit silly with an axe, and chopped up a few of his workmates.. or something nice and generic like that.

I've got a bunch of photos of this same building that I took myself which look remarkably similar (sans amateurish photoshopping ;) but alas, no ghosties.

LobeliaOverhill said:
Couldn't see a thing in any of the pix, sorry. And I'm usually so good at that sort of thing...

Moi aussi, Lobelia, but these pics are too dark.

Carole

Back