• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jefferson & The Man In Black

BaronVonHoopla

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've read three different accounts in the last week about President Jefferson being given the Great Seal by a mysterious man in a black cloak out in his garden late at night.

I have to admit, this story is very tantalizing to the conspiracy theorist and Man In Black lover in me, but everywhere I found this story was a tad suspect, so I'm just wondering does anyone know if there is any proof of this story ever truly having taken place?

It sounds too good to be true, and you know what they say about that . . .

-Fitz

Hi,

do you have any web links for this story?

Cheers.

jemstar555 said:
Hi,

do you have any web links for this story?

Cheers.
http://www.niburu.nl/index.php?showarticle.php?articleID=5033&lang=ENG

Ah! John (MIB) Keel get's a mention, below:
Jerome Clark, excerpt from 'The UFO Book: Encyclopedia of the Extraterrestrial'

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1699.htm

In Keel's view MIB are ubiquitous presences in human history, responsible for or related to such disparate phenomena as the Grim Reaper image, vampire lore, and demonological visitations. "A dark gentleman in a cloak and hood is supposed to have handed Thomas Jefferson the design for the reverse side of the Great Seal of the United States," he has written. "Julius Caesar, Napoleon, and many others are supposed to have had enigmatic meetings with these odd personages." Another, according to Keel, was Malcolm X. Keel claims, moreover:

Here's another link:

It was cast in two metallic plaques. Both were delivered to Jefferson on 17th June 1782 while he stood in dim candlelight in his Monticello drawing room in Virginia. They were presented to him by a hooded figure that entered the room quietly from the garden carrying the plaques in a red velvet bag. The format of these plaques is now common knowledge, inasmuch as it is found on every "greenback" dollar bill. The pyramid with the all-seeing eye as the capstone, and the Latin words ANNUIT COEPTIS NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM, meaning Announcing the arrival of a New World Order." It is wholly the work of the Illuminati and the Freemasons, and has become ensconced from the very beginning on the Great Seal.

http://www.oxleigh.freeserve.co.uk/wp56.htm

Didn't a similar thing happen to Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon faith?

Cavynaut said:
Didn't a similar thing happen to Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon faith?

Wasn't this supposedly an angel named Moroni?(sp?--that spelling would make it just too easy...No offense meant to any Mormons out there---I'll make light of any religion; just gimme the chance.;) ).

Yes, it is Moroni.

He/She gave Smith two golden tablets upon which the Book of Mormon was written from what I recall.

I'd do a google and read up on it, but you can guarantee that the JC and the LD Saints guys have some way of knowing that you're reading about them and they'll be knocking on the door in the morning.

I'd read that before...also, similar incidents involving world leaders. Could this be part of the "invisible college" that supposedly influenced Adam Weishaupt? Sounds to me like shadow beings from a parrellel dimension..

Fnorder23 said:
Sounds to me like shadow beings from a parrellel dimension..

Or a good way of conning the gullible into following your own particular path.

ctaylor8 said:
That's a bad translation for the Latin- you can google it for a better one (better than I can remember here).

It's "A new order for the ages", isn't it?

ctaylor8 said:
That's a bad translation for the Latin- you can google it for a better one (better than I can remember here).

I agree, although, to be fair, I posted the link out of relevancy rather than for accuracy of translation. ;)

John Keel? Maybe, He's a Myth Starter, an Urban Legend start

I'd still be interested to know if anyone can find a reference to these MIB stories before John Keel mentioned them?

:cool:

Back