• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Julian Po

A

Anonymous

Has anyone else here seen the film Julian Po? For some reason, I never hear anyone mention it. In fact, if your check out Roger Ebert's website, he hasn't even reviewed it. What's wrong here? It strikes me as a well-written, thoughtful, and beautifully filmed story, so why the reticence? Or am I just too doltish to realise it's actually schlock? I think it was cast perfectly, and even the location scout deserves an Oscar™, because the town is incredibly fitting for the story.

Any comments, or am I the only one to have been enthralled by this cinematic gem?

Of course the British have a lower tolerence for sentimentality, but it does sound interesting. I intend to find out more and report back.

Beakboo, here's a link to Google's results. If you get the opportunity to see it, please let me know your opinion. It amazes me how this film has slipped under so many people's radar, because I found it to be a real quality picture, almost like a big-screen episode of Northern Exposure (well, during the early Rob Morrow seasons).

Back