• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

King of the blues

darrg

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I put "elvis" and "stilton" into the message board search and came up with naught, so here's hoping this hasn't been covered in enormous detail elsewhere ...

Elvis Found In Cheese

The King of Cheese?

A cheesemaker in Leicestershire has discovered the face of Elvis Presley - in the veins of a blue stilton! Read on to find out how the blues King ended up as part of a blue cheese.

Usually you'd have a fight on your hands if you accused Elvis Presley of being a bit cheesy - but this time super-fans could hardly disagree.

On the week that marks the 30th Anniversary of 'The King's' death the image of his face has appeared amongst the veins of a local cheese!

All Shook Up!

Staff at Long Clawson Dairy in Leicestershire were 'All Shook Up' when the image of Elvis appeared in the side of a slice of stilton.

Kelly Branston, a packing operative, discovered the likeness when she cut into the cheese unveiling the unusual vein arrangement.

She said, "I couldn't believe it when I saw it. We often see little patterns in the veins of the cheese but this is uncanny!".

It's Now of Never

The stilton veining process begins at about six weeks of age when each cheese is pierced with stainless steel needles to allow air to enter the body of the cheese.

In turn this activates the blue cheese mould and so commences the magical and completely random veining process.

So take a long hard look at Elvis' cheese form. After all, 'It's Now or Never'!

A misunderstanding strely, wasnt it meant to be : Elvis Fond Of Cheese.

The headline-makers are probably just disappointed that Elvis has not yet appeared simultaneously in some seaside rock and a bread roll.

I must admit I'm not seeing any Elvis in that cheese. Is he supposed to be in profile?

Sorry that's a load of complete rubbish.
It's the spitting image of Shakin' Stevens.

I always thought 'In the Ghetto' was a bit cheesy.

H_James said:
I always thought 'In the Ghetto' was a bit cheesy.

I dread to think of your opinion on "Yoga is as Yoga Does"... pure Stinking Bishop?

Back