• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Man to be 'eaten alive' whilst wearing 'anaconda proof suit'

I'm wondering how exactly they intend to remove him afterwards without causing harm or distress to the snake?

Perhaps, in a thrilling twist, they won't :D

He flunked it.

Social media exploded with anger after a stuntman’s promise to be eaten alive by an anaconda snake failed.

The heavily-promoted stunt on the Discovery Channel provoked uproar when naturalist Paul Rosolie didn’t go completely through with the stunt.

Rosolie wore a carbon-fibre suit to protect himself from the snake killing him with constriction or its bite. It was covered in pig’s blood to entice the snake. For most of the TV show, Rosolie searched the rainforest for an anaconda. When he found one, he then spent a while trying to convince the anaconda to eat him.

The snake constricted Rosolie and started to bite his helmet. He then called off the stunt before it went any further, fearing his arm was about to be broken

This was not enough for many on Twitter, angered that Rosolie wasn’t actually eaten alive nor was ever in the snake’s stomach.

“The eaten alive guy didn’t get eaten alive... #Disappointed,” one tweeter fumed.

“Next time I watch something called #EatenAlive, somebody better get eaten alive,” argued another ...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/man- ... 01621.html

I think the least he could do is cut off a limb and feed it to the snake.
I'd watch that. :lol:

'Eaten Alive' Special Was 'Misleading,' Discovery Channel President Admits

More than a month after Paul Rosolie failed to get eaten alive by an 18-foot anaconda on the Discovery Channel "Eaten Alive" special, Discovery Channel President Rich Ross admitted that the show's promotion was "misleading."

Ross addressed the special on Thursday at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, saying that while the show had good intentions, it had "a packaging that was misleading."

Rosolie, a naturalist, author and filmmaker, wore a special carbon fiber suit and oxygen supplying helmet while antagonizing an anaconda in the Amazon with the intention of being eaten alive for the special that first aired Dec. 7. But after a couple hours, Rosolie had his team run in and rescue him after the snake swallowed his head and he feared his arm would soon be broken.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry-channel-president-admits/story?id=28105811

Hamster eats man.
Then we'll be talking.

Well capybaras are giant hamsters or guinea pigs. Wouldn't want to be stranded on a desert island with one of them.

th

I see a new Insurance ad idea right there. Except that a lot of people don't recognise stuff they're seeing with their eyes these days.

Ever since The Wrong Trousers, I've realised that penguins were masters of disguise. Sorry, peguins.

Back