• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mediums & channellers

Most people expect mediums or channelers to have a message about morality or end of the world or indeed heaven is a nice place. THe one I got had nothing to do with any of those. Probably why I got so much criticism.

Haven't they heard the expression, "Don't shoot the messanger"? ;)

Forever_S said:
Strange I got a mathematical message like that when I dont' even understand math anyway.

Pianist/medium Rosemary Brown channelled musical compositions supposedly by Liszt, Chopin and so forth which were FAR too complicated for her to play.

Even if the skeptics are correct and there was nothing genuinely paranormal going on here, there's still that part to explain.

Actually I'd argue that a lot of people channel information they do not understand - take, for example, the constant stream of 'end-of-the-world' revelations, from St John through to modern day doomsday cults. Assuming that all these people aren't faking and are getting 'communications' from something, and that all those somethings aren't all 'trickster' entities, they are clearly misinterpreting the message as is obvious as armageddon repeatedly refuses to show up on time.

A lot of doomsday predictions and cults are misinterpreting the things they are seeing because they confuse what they see with what they think people want to hear. People are expecting these kinds of messages because they have all been brought up on the old and new Testaments of the Bible and expect any message from God etc to relate to that in some way.

I have no doubt that when they make public their predictions and things that they believe fully in what they are saying. However as it was pointed out - they always seem to say the same things - mainly Second Coming of Christ, End of Times predictions, Heaven is a nice place messages, and the like. Everything seems to have to connect to the bible in some way. I think they are missing the point though - because when they talked of the end of times in the bible they were talking about the end of an age really rather than the actual end of the world.

_Lizard23_ said:
the constant stream of 'end-of-the-world' revelations, from St John through to modern day doomsday cults.

But St. John set no specific date.

I've heard the suggestion made that St. John actually foresaw the European world situation of 1914-1945 and misinterpreted it as the End of the World.

By this scenario, Benito Mussolini was the False Prophet and Adolf Hitler the Antichrist. (Remember that Hitler was originally regarded as Mussolini's German protege.)

I've even heard a few Christians express a related opinion - that this entire period, and especially the Holocaust, was "the Devil's dry run for the Apocalypse."

I heard the suggestion that St. Johns revelations aren't about the end of the world at all but are in fact encoded Qabalistic messages.

Interestingly, I was talking to a guy the other day who was convinced that St. John was all about global warming. I guess it's like a rorschach test in some ways. He came up with some quotes which certainly fit.

Forever_S said:
I heard the suggestion that St. Johns revelations aren't about the end of the world at all but are in fact encoded Qabalistic messages.

I dunno. I get all freezy inside when people talk about "esoteric" Christianity. Christianity's supposed to wear its heart embroidered on its sleeve.

Back