• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mediums & Cold Reading

That's interesting P. younger what you say about the medium picking up something that you knew though it was wrong! I suppose it proves telepathy if nothing else!

I don't know if you guys get American Comedy Central but South Park did a whole show about John Edwards and cold readings. I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt. I think that there are people with genuine abilities, but the last place you will find them is on the TV. Maybe all people have the ability and get little flashes of reality, they just dismiss them as random thoughts.

The only experiences I have had with anything remotely close was when my Grandpa died a few years back. I was very upset and for several months after I was devastated. Then one night I dreamt of him he came to visit me in my dream. I remember him walking out on the porch and he was healthy and happy. He looked directly at me and said I am okay don't worry about me I am happy. When I woke up I felt a release. But I have always put alot of emphasis of listening to my dreams. So maybe my mind was offering itself a way to heal and let go of the pain. I will say when I called my mom and told her that everything was okay it offered her some comfort.

re psychic abilities

hy everyone, im new to this site and I noticed this subject and have dipped in to read some of the comments. I was dissapointed to find so many strongly opinionated and closed minded people, I may not be liked for this but i feel I need to state the other side.

I am a medium, empath and clarvoyant, claraudiant, so was my grandmother. i tried to deny it for many years but it always came baclk and could not be denied. I also believe that peole need their own personal experiences before they can believe.

Spirituaist beleive in the fact that the soul lives on to gain expereinces in life to develop, not necessarily 'god' as you may understand him. Churches are not relious in ways that others are as they do not believe in condeming or punishment for actions but responsibility for your own actions and karma, or in a all condeming 'god'.

They will not attack anyone for choosing the pathway where they feel comfortable or the religion they need to believe in, each to their own, people find what they need in this life and should not be condemed for it.

They are very similar to some of the oldest relions on earth: Native American, Buddisum, celtic and paganism which all beleive in respecting the earth, other people and being open minded. Shouldnt we all do that?????

I look forward to your responses.......

take care

love and light x
they do not co

Good to see some cogent balance - remember, we are dealing with people's beliefs and convictions here, so outright dismissal isn't always appropriate. As avalongoddess just pointed out, it's an integral part of many cultures and belief systems. Just because some mediums employ cold reading, it doesn't mean that all do by any stretch - a central message of Forteanism is each case on it's individual merit. So tread softly.

Welcome, avalongoddess, by the way :).

I know that it is real also

I know mediums, but they do not "perform" or get money for it. I think that they could if they wanted to, but they feel that making money on it is wrong.

I'll tell an example of how their abilities work at times.

This medium has visited a distant relative for the first time. While in the bathroom, a person appears and says "Tell kitten I said goodnight". The medium is confused as to who "kitten" is, but feels compelled to tell the relative since the message was so strong. The relative's jaw drops when hearing it, as the relative's late husband called her "kitten".

Now, if the relative went on a show, where the medium was "performing", I don't think it would happen the same way. Some mediums may be able to relay clear messages on the fly, but I have not seen it work "on demand" as much as "when circumstances are just right".

Hello HeadNspace
good to hear the other side being expressed, you are correct it rarely comes on demand and always comes when you least expect it, although you can tune in you may not be able to get the infomation or person the seeker wishes for at that time.
It feels wrong to charge for the gift and it is well known that if too much fame and wealth is sought or gained the gift will diminish and eventually go, you are only suppose to gain enough funds to live on no more.

Back