• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ming Campbell MP

A

Anonymous

Lib-dem spokesman diagnosed with cancer

Ananova
Friday November 22, 2002 4:22 PM

Menzies Campbell, Liberal Democrat foreign affairs spokesman, has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

The 61-year-old MP for North East Fife will shortly begin a course of chemotherapy, a Liberal Democrat spokesman said.

The spokesman added that the prognosis was optimistic and that Mr Campbell would continue to fulfil his obligations as an MP as far as his treatment would allow.

The media were asked to respect Mr Campbell's privacy and that of his family.

Jus t caught this on the Guardian site, and thought i'd post it to wish the guy well.

He's always been one of the few Politicians i admire, seems like a fair and decent human being.

so all the best mate. we're rootin for ya. Stay positive, and you'll beat it :yeay:

Definitely: get well soon Ming. A non-rabid politician who nevertheless says what he feels, not what he thinks the majority of registered voters want to hear - we need more like him.

Definitely agree with that. more politicians like him would restore my faith in politics.

Get well soon

Back