• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More footage from Bonsall...

A

Anonymous

It seems the Derbyshire UFO won't go away, despite claims in the ufo literature that it's merely an artefact of the focusing mechanism (I've never seen a camcorder lens artefact that can move around independently of the camera and change shape and colour...)
see for yourselves here:

http://www.rense.com/general19/new.htm

I was surprised to learn that Bonsall is a suburb of London, but then again the guy is Danish...

Hmm, I feel slightly motion-sick too.
Still, it's cheaper than beer, eh?

Seriously, that's one of the problems with home video of "UFOs". Most amateurs don't use a tripod and leave the camcorder set on auto focus and auto iris, so the camera is continually trying to focus on the image and going in and out of focus. With auto iris at night the iris opens all the way to compensate for the darkness and the light will seem brighter than it does to the eye.

sureshot

But the street light maintains a steady level of brightness - if it was caused by the iris, you would expect to see the street lamp varying in brightness and focus as well. It's quite clearly only the ufo that is changing.
Btw, I don't wish to invoke aliens here. Bonsall lies on a fault line, making it potentially an earth stress zone, so I'm thinking along the lines of natural, though mysterious, luminous phenomena, possibly caused by the piezo-electric effect, when rocks under stress can create luminosities.

Back