• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mysterious Events Podcast

XEPER_

Death to all but metal
Art v2 2.jpg

Hey all! I've decided to start a new podcast focusing on less well known unsolved mysteries and the like. It's called "Mysterious Events with Steven A. McKay" and episode 1 is out now on the major podcast outlets. There's also a (very basic!) video for it on our YouTube channel. I'm planning to make short, punchy episodes about true crime, the supernatural, unexplained events, and anything Fortean.
I also do a podcast focused mainly on historical fiction called Rock, Paper, Swords! so I don't know how often I'll publish episodes for Mysterious Events - whenever I feel like it really, it's just supposed to be a bit of thought-provoking spooky entertainment, and maybe even fun!
I hope you'll check it out , like, subscribe, all that good stuff. Let me know what you think of the theme song - I took inspiration from 3 of my favourite bands for it although I doubt anyone will spot them...

Listen to episode 1 on YouTube Music, Amazon Music, Audible, iTunes, on Spotify, or click HERE

YouTube channel

BTW I had to add my name as literally the day after I set up my YouTube channel another one appeared with the exact same name, posting AI generated content. So I had to add my own name so people would not stumble across theirs and think it was mine! :mad::hahazebs:

Will you be using anything from posts on'ere?

If I find anything suitable :D
I'll probably write each episode and then look on here and Reddit for interesting facts.
You will of course credit your sources.

Yes, I'm asking if you will be stating where you found the items you'll be talking about.

Why wouldn't I? Have I done something I'm not aware of? I'm not trying to be a dick here, you've got me worried now!

Why wouldn't I? Have I done something I'm not aware of? I'm not trying to be a dick here, you've got me worried now!
Nope, just asking.
There are stacks of nice material on'ere.

Nope, just asking.
There are stacks of nice material on'ere.
I will cite users if I mention a post, and of course this board. I know all about Crime Junkie taking content (full on plagiarism they were accused of) without crediting people, and the backlash they (rightly!) faced over that, I wouldn't want to do anything similar, even if I was that sort of person.

I will cite users if I mention a post, and of course this board. I know all about Crime Junkie taking content (full on plagiarism they were accused of) without crediting people, and the backlash they (rightly!) faced over that, I wouldn't want to do anything similar, even if I was that sort of person.
I'm not aware of any particular accusations of plagiarism, like the Crime Junkie would have had, though the more famous crimes have been written about so many times it's hard to say who said what first. Same with spooky stories.

One of mine that I sent to a podcaster was read out when I'd left the show running at night, and hearing my own name woke me up. :omg:

I'm not aware of any particular accusations of plagiarism, like the Crime Junkie would have had, though the more famous crimes have been written about so many times it's hard to say who said what first. Same with spooky stories.

One of mine that I sent to a podcaster was read out when I'd left the show running at night, and hearing my own name woke me up. :omg:
Crime Junkie were accused of directly lifting entire pieces of text from other podcasts like Trace Evidence, like pages of the stuff, and reading it out on their own show as if they'd written it.

Crime Junkie were accused of directly lifting entire pieces of text from other podcasts like Trace Evidence, like pages of the stuff, and reading it out on their own show as if they'd written it.
Really, wow! :chuckle:

The famous historian Lucy Worsley was accused of similar by Private Eye. Didn't do her any harm.

Really, wow! :chuckle:

The famous historian Lucy Worsley was accused of similar by Private Eye. Didn't do her any harm.
Yeah, Crime Junkie are the top podcast pretty much in the world, didn't do them any harm either!

Episode 2 is out now. I know EVERYONE here just loves Aleister Crowley and needs as much content as you can possibly get about him, so this episode is about Boleskine House. :) Find the podcast here, or check out the video on YouTube!

A nice synchronicity for episode 3 this week! I was at my mum's last Sunday and I was telling her I was covering the notorious "Overtoun dog suicide bridge" - she lives in the village where the bridge is, Milton. She grew up there and so did I so we were chatting a little about it. Then, as I was leaving, she handed my my latest copy of FT (I have a gift subscription from her but it always goes to her house instead of mine thanks to the subs department.
I got home, opened up the magazine and was stunned to find an article on....Overtoun's dog suicide bridge!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this episode. There's some other stories, including some from my time as a steward in Dumbarton Castle. Like, subscribe, all that jazz, and you can also find the episodes on major podcast outlets like Spotify, YouTube Music, iTunes, Amazon, Audible etc.

Back