• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mystery Circular Figure At Crickley Hill

Justin_Anstey

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
What do you all make of this then?:

thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/scripts/edarchdisplay.asp?section=Local+news&ID=134554&source=E&s=archives&area=News&opensect=
Link is dead. No archived version found.
Here is an undated photo taken at Crickley Hill which seems to show the same thing described below.

CrickleyHillCircle.jpg

"The discovery was made by Roger Fenton from Stroud during the middle of October. Both Mr Fenton and This is Gloucestershire would be interested to discover just what it is.

Mr Fenton said: "About two weeks ago I was walking on Crickley Hill near Gloucester, in the woods to the right of the car park as you enter. In the woods there is a round depression , it looks like a bomb crater, about 30 ft wide and 15 ft deep.

"You can't see it until you are very close, nor can anyone in it be seen easily. On this occasion I found a strange circular pattern at the bottom of it, it must have taken some time to make & some trouble.

"It seems a mystery, I wondered if it is connected with witchcraft.

"It is made from an outer circle of Cotswold stones then aligned sticks pointing to the centre then brown leaves & then green leaves."

If anyone has any idea whether it is connected with witchcraft, or merely a piece of spontaeous autumnal art, please e-mail the editor"

-J

Last edited by a moderator:
A autumnal equivilent of a crop circle? It does look pretty weird.

Niles

It's not a very good picture TBH, to me it looks like someones removed dead leaves to make a circel, put a few stones round the inside and has had a fire, but it says its 15 ft deep :confused:

My guess it's man made, some sort of spiritual formation made some night, if it's as deep as they say, it'd made a pretty nice hole for a big fire

it sounds all blair witchy till you see the piccy and then it all falls apart in my opinion it looks no where near as deep as they claim and no where near as big in diameter

cas

Looks like the work of a local Andy Goldsworthy wannabe to me.

Back