• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Not a cold spot but a hot spot!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I've heard of and experienced many spooky 'cold spots' which are associated with paranormal activity.

In my house there is something different- a hot spot!
It's just outside my bedroom door. There is a long radiator there and all around one end of it the air is warmer than anywhere else upstairs. This happens all year round, and the radiator is only on November-April.

I often feel warmth as I walk past this spot. I have occasionally stopped to investigate in case the central heating has been switched on by accident, to find it all off as normal and the radiator completely cold.

When I've felt around to find the limits of the warmth it appears to occupy the roughly the same dimensions as a person standing to about my shoulder height.

There is a thick rug there where my big dog likes to lie at night and he seems very happy there. In fact I sometimes stumble over him in the dark as the landing light switch is at the other end.

Sorry this is so long but it's true, and while it feels very natural, I'm baffled.

Does anyone have any ideas?

well, when ghostbuster types go round with their equipment, they look for any temperature change. I think that hot spots equally to cold spots are meant to indicate scary activity...

I was in Cornwall last week and stopped off at Davidstow to watch some people flying microlight aircraft.
Davidstow has an old disused war time air field where enthusiasts fly their planes, whilst walking along one of the old runways I noticed a distinct warm spot, I'd say it was about three metres long and remained there no matter how many times I walked through it, it felt at least three degrees warmer than the surrounding air.

warm seats

I try and avoid using public conveniences whenever I can, particularly as I heard that some of them are covers for urban-based nuclear missile silos buried a few metres below the stalls.

Anyhow, sometimes, but not always, when I sit on a public toilet seat it is warm. This phenomena never occurs at home and often the seat in the public lav is stone cold. But sometimes it has that eerily almost- human glow of warmth about it. How can this be?

I have checked the temperature of the water in the bowl and that has been normal. I made sure to check the seat temperature against my cheek in case my hands were flushed and can confirm the warmth. When questioned at length the other stall occupants could neither confirm nor deny the phenomena, although some did avoid eye contact, so I think somethings going on there.

Any thoughts?

public pools too...

I almost forgot another paranormal phenomena that has me stumped.

Often when I'm down at the public pool I will suddenly swim into this warm patch that may be a good couple of metres in circumference. It is a pretty freaky experience and on a subliminal level I feel that it isn't a nice kind of warmth.

i notice this occurs when the pool is busy, particularly around youngsters during the school holidays. I suspect it may be some kind of water-borne entity that feeds off of the pure spirits of the young and follows them around the pool, leaching their poor little souls.

I'm thinking of calling someone in to cast out this entity, like a rabbi, priest or member of parliament

Re: public pools too...

Crooked said:
I almost forgot another paranormal phenomena that has me stumped.

Often when I'm down at the public pool I will suddenly swim into this warm patch that may be a good couple of metres in circumference. It is a pretty freaky experience and on a subliminal level I feel that it isn't a nice kind of warmth.

i notice this occurs when the pool is busy, particularly around youngsters during the school holidays. I suspect it may be some kind of water-borne entity that feeds off of the pure spirits of the young and follows them around the pool, leaching their poor little souls.

I'm thinking of calling someone in to cast out this entity, like a rabbi, priest or member of parliament

Hehe, so you don't think some nasty little kid has just had a wee then?

Back