• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Old Saw Mill?

A

Anonymous

Hey! I havn't posted here in over a year I think, and I'm basically seeking a little bit of info if anyone has any on something I experienced.

Basically from my bedroom window just across the road is a large and very old Sawmill. Part of it is in ruins but part of it still functions, it has a generally creepy atmosphere about it though mainly from the look of decay and rust.
I was looking out my bedroom window at about 3am, the sawmill was fairly lit and I could see the steps to the entrance quite clearly and the outer wall of the upper workshop. Then I spotted a black orb on the steps, it could have been a rat or a small bird but it was fairly large and perfectly round. About a second later it shot across the outside wall and without effort changed its path in a smooth bending motion and shot directly upwards, then it vanished as it hit the roof, the roof is very clear from my window and I couldn't see any trace of it actually going anywhere, it just vanished.

I didn't really think about it that much until this morning when I suddenly remembered during a conversation with a friend. If anyone has any information about floating or bouncing black orbs then please either post them here, or e-mail/msn me at [email protected]

Chris

Update

Just a quick update with a photo in case anyone is interested. The photo is just of the sawmill as unfortunately I didn't capture the orb on camera.

I vaguely recall a polt case in Australia (?) which featured a few glimpses of a black orb outside the house in question.

Polt case- black orbs

MrHyde, I think you're on about the Humpty Doo case in Australia, from memory, a black orb was witnessed outside the property on their driveway. Classic polt activity but there was mention of indigenous(sp?) spirits being offended by the victims of the polt, I had a look at the FT issue archive and I think it was in FT 116.

Eh

Sorry I'm a bit of a fortean newbie, by polt do you mean poltergeist? and can someone tell me a bit more about what black orbs mean??

You're right, polt= poltergeist. I believe the black orb seen in the Australian Poltergeist case at Humpty Doo was just one of the aspects of the paranormal activity that occurred there. I think my 'polt's playing a game with me- I can't find the back issue in question on my bookshelves:hmph: typical. When you look for something and it's never there..etc.
IIRC, the article suggested that the orb represented the poltergeist/spirit and that the victims of the haunt may have seen it taking a rest on their driveway prior to it getting up to it's old tricks again. (I think!)

Hello, from your description it could well have been a bat. The description of the mill would fit for a roost and if you have never seen one flying you would be very suprised at how agile, fast and graceful they are. Also being small and black they can easly absorb shadow to make them look bigger or even dissapear through the shadows.

That being said its not necesserly very good as it could mean you've got some hungry vamps moving in next door.

Good luck and grab that garlic:eek:

Back