• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Other Unexplained Occurrences

A

Anonymous

Asides from my original thread, I'm aware of 2 other unexplained occurences amongst immediate family:

My mum's dad died quite young (in his 50's) from lung disease, and he passed away at home in his own bed. My mum was just a child at the time (she is now in her 70's), and they lived in a bungalow.

Shortly after his death (can't recall how long, may have been a day or a week - will have to check) my mum and her mum were sitting in the living room of the bungalow, when they heard heavy and laboured breathing coming from the master bedroom. It continued until they walked up to the bedroom door and touched the door handle, at which point the breathing stopped. My mum commented that her dads breathing had sounded just the same right before he died.

That was the only time they heard the phantom breathing.

The second occurence was experienced by my wife in her teenage years, though knowing her I wonder what she was smoking at the time :)

She was on a camping trip with the school, and on one night a few of them were sitting on a dry stone wall chatting. It was a full moon, and the moonlight was reflecting off a puddle in the middle of a farmers field.

The whole group ran in terror when the silver reflection got up and started coming towards them. I would point out that my wife does not believe in anything remotely paranormal, but she is adamant that this happened, and was witnessed by the whole group.

Barn Owl perhaps?

My father was a musician and a few months after his death we were at the dinner table when suddenly we all looked up at each other in shock. Clearly heard was the sound of my father tuning his guitar in his bedroom. It went on for about 20 seconds.

My cousin and I got up and went to his room. No one was there.

Pshaw said:
My father was a musician and a few months after his death we were at the dinner table when suddenly we all looked up at each other in shock. Clearly heard was the sound of my father tuning his guitar in his bedroom. It went on for about 20 seconds.

My cousin and I got up and went to his room. No one was there.

This theme seems to be sounds of those that have passed on so here is my contribution. We had a Westie dog for 16 years and for about three months after he died on a number of occasions we heard the sound of his claws on the kitchen floor. Usually this was about the time he would have been fed. It wasn't disturbing to us in any way at the time.

We've had a departed pet hang around for a while too. Our wonderful 14 year old cat had to be put to sleep because of cancer. Several times after her passing we would see her rear-end and tail disappearing around a corner. And the rocking chair where she used to sleep would rock as it did when she jumped up on it.

My goodness, Pshaw, posters to this message board are getting younger every day it seems.
;)

That's my little son. He often gave us such shocked and amazed looks until he got used to the odd family he was born into.:D

Aw, probably just couldn't believe his good fortune. ;) Sure is a cutie.

Last night I was on the computer (which is hardly an unexplained occurrence). The window in that room looks out into our driveway and backyard. Suddenly I heard a very odd noise from outside which sounded for all the world like someone drinking from a plastic cup with a straw, and all the liquid was gone (Leaferne, that is the worst sentence ever). Anyway, it was that sort of rattling sound. I went to the back door and looked around but saw nothing except a fat little raccoon running for our back porch. Don't know how he could have made that noise, unless he had just finished a milkshake or something. :D

Do you perhaps have a bowl on your porch for pet food or water? We had a rabbit that would push an empty bowl around on the patio and it made a similar sound.

Or the raccoon could have been slurping up a particularly juicy grub!

No, we don't leave anything like that outside, precisely because we don't want to encourage the masked marvels to hang around. We have 4 cats and their food/water dishes are in the kitchen.

I’ve just remembered something odd that happened in the 90s. I wore a ring on my little finger I didn’t really take it off. Anyway one day it was missing. My job was sending pathology supplies to GPs at the time so I was worried it had gone out with them as I couldn’t find it anywhere. It turned up eventually. Under my mattress!

I’ve just remembered something odd that happened in the 90s. I wore a ring on my little finger I didn’t really take it off. Anyway one day it was missing. My job was sending pathology supplies to GPs at the time so I was worried it had gone out with them as I couldn’t find it anywhere. It turned up eventually. Under my mattress!

It probably slipped off without you noticing when you tucked new bedsheets under the mattress - squeezing it between the base of the bed and the mattress. The same principle as pick-pocketing and removing watches. Pressure on an area is released and the object taken with it. The wearer doesn't feel anything untoward.

It probably slipped off without you noticing when you tucked new bedsheets under the mattress - squeezing it between the base of the bed and the mattress. The same principle as pick-pocketing and removing watches. Pressure on an area is released and the object taken with it. The wearer doesn't feel anything untoward.
No it was in the middle not at the ends or the sides and I hadn’t changed them near the time it went missing. I think it only came to light when I was getting rid of the bed.

I was going to say, "That's highly irregular". But no. Highly irregular is the time I found a human foot in a toaster oven. This is just odd.

*10 fortean points if you can place the quote without Google.

I’ve just remembered another oddity (I’m reading the Reddit glitch in the matrix). One time when I opened the camera on my phone it showed a weird view, not what was in front of it or anything I had ever taken. In a blink of a eye it was gone. A little while later, I’m not sure if it’s days or week. I opened my camera in a shop that sells Polish food and realise that’s what I had seen. I didn’t have any previous pictures from there.

I’ve just remembered another oddity (I’m reading the Reddit glitch in the matrix). One time when I opened the camera on my phone it showed a weird view, not what was in front of it or anything I had ever taken. In a blink of a eye it was gone. A little while later, I’m not sure if it’s days or week. I opened my camera in a shop that sells Polish food and realise that’s what I had seen. I didn’t have any previous pictures from there.
I had a spooky camera incident on a sailing ship in Barcelona, when a handful of cameras and mobile phones all stopped working at once.
They went back to normal once we were well ashore.
I was also treated to a nice apport. All in all, 10/10 for spookiness.

I was also treated to a nice apport.

A nice apport as described by Manuel from Fawlty Towers

How to drink Port Wine | Port Wine Producer in the Douro Valley of Portugal

Care to tell us?

I had a spooky camera incident on a sailing ship in Barcelona, when a handful of cameras and mobile phones all stopped working at once.
They went back to normal once we were well ashore.
I was also treated to a nice apport. All in all, 10/10 for spookiness.
Were you right next to a strong electromagnetic field?

I found the picture in question. This is what I saw before I took it.

Attachments

• 9760F335-0BDD-4D96-A45A-97D66C4DD730.jpeg
    9760F335-0BDD-4D96-A45A-97D66C4DD730.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Back