• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ouija Board Poltergeist Activity

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Someone at work has had a word with me today. He said his girlfriend messed about with a ouija board with a friend at their house last week. He tells me that they now have stuff happening. He has had knocks on his bedroom door, with no one there. He has also had cupboard doors open after he has shut them with no one else in the house. He has asked me for help as they are both a bit freaked out.

I'm going to ask them to fill in a Shepp & Goats questionnaire so that I know how much of believers/sceptics they are. I'm giving him a webcam to link upto his laptop to record overnight as they sleep. I will also give them a digital voice recorder to run overnight too.

I will try to find out what I can of the specific location's history etc... and see if I can have a look around. Any tips on how to proceed would be welcome.

If there appears to be no rational explanation for any happenings I will forward it to an appropriate spiritual person (depending on their beliefs) for a cleansing.

Will keep peeps informed if I get anything ineresting.

What's a "Sheep (?) and Goats Questionnaire"? Pardon my ignorance and all that...

Sorry about spelling! It's a set of questions that is meant to assess where a person is on a scale from beleiver to sceptic.

Spudrick68 said:
Sorry about spelling! It's a set of questions that is meant to assess where a person is on a scale from beleiver to sceptic.

Interesting - what form do these questions take?

Can you post this questionnaire? Would be interesting to see it.

I'm sure it was Hans Eyesenck, I will have a look around. I'm not sure how accurate it is in a scientific sense, the intention was to try to get an idea of how much of beleivers/sceptics they are, as background info. The more info the better I suppose.

I found this link that relates to the questionnaire:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 6980900409

I also dug out the book I have that contains the questions. The book is 'Are You Psychic?' by Hans Eyesenck and Carl Sargeant by Prion.

The questionnaire the following categories:

Part 1: Sheep & goats-
34 questions.

Part 2: Personality & interests-
60 questions.

Part 3: Mystery & imagination-
20 questions.

Part 1 is designed to assess how sceptical/beleiver a person is.
Part 2 is designed to measure introversion/extroversion.
Part 3 is designed to measure how imaginative/practical a person is.

How old are these people?? why would they seriously do something like that in their house??

I think the best thing to do isnt to monitor it or anything, but to get someone in to `cleanse` the house, before it gets worse as these things usually build up until the last thing is a full apparition or spirit form.

But the polt activity is usually the first & un-nerving start to these sort of things. They may start getting smells next & then lots of shadows or corner of the eye stuff.

I work with the bloke and see him everyday, I have asked him to keep me updated if it escalates. I do know that he has a vivid imagination, but am not jumping to conclusions. He has watched the film 'Paranormal Activity' a good number of times. I like him and would be very eager that nothing untoward happens to him.

I do have those thoughts in my mind, but don't want to be premature. I do not want any harm to come to him or his girlfriend.

Just out of interest why have they asked you for help? what do you do that could help them?

I have no particular skills! He knows that I'm interested in Fortean stuff in general so has asked me as he thinks that I may be able to point him in the general direction if he needs it.

How old are these people?? why would they seriously do something like that in their house??

To see what's real, to see what's out there! If I thought playing with a ouija board would cause polt activity in my house I'd do it in a sec. But I don't, because I've tried it (in the distant past). I'd just really like to see some of this crasy s*** happening with my own eyes.

I've used Ouija Boards of all kinds in many different locations and under varying conditions. My conclusion is that unless the participants all want something to happen and can SEE the table nothing will move or spell anything out.

I'd say the occurances in this instance are down to something else, probably something much more mundane.

jaxxmanuk said:
I'd say the occurances in this instance are down to something else, probably something much more mundane.

The ideomotor effect from the unconscious of the participants most likely. Whether or not you want to argue that the unconscious of the participants is being fed or controlled by 'something else' is an interesting discussion but does rather move the argument to simply another level of abstraction.

Heckler20 said:
jaxxmanuk said:

The ideomotor effect from the unconscious of the participants most likely. Whether or not you want to argue that the unconscious of the participants is being fed or controlled by 'something else' is an interesting discussion but does rather move the argument to simply another level of abstraction.

Sorry I meant that the events that have occured after the Ouija board are down to something much more mundane not that the Ouija Board itself could be put down to something other then human interaction.

jaxxmanuk said:
Sorry I meant that the events that have occured after the Ouija board are down to something much more mundane not that the Ouija Board itself could be put down to something other then human interaction.

Oh I see.

Spudrick68 said:
Someone at work has had a word with me today. He said his girlfriend messed about with a ouija board with a friend at their house last week. He tells me that they now have stuff happening.

If there appears to be no rational explanation for any happenings I will forward it to an appropriate spiritual person (depending on their beliefs) for a cleansing.

Will keep peeps informed if I get anything ineresting.

This is quite interesting. I've personally played with one as a youngster,but I guess I didn't get unlucky. It's these stories that make avoid this sort of thing not only for my own sake,but also for the sake of those who didn't sign up for it.

Spudrick68 if you are going to try and help them with what is happening in the house ask them to keep a record of everything that is happening in the house. Alot of the time people use the ouija boards get themselves spooked and then start to jump at the slightest noise which may have been there long before the use of the board and they have good used to it but then with been spooked it stands out. (similar to a ticking clock in a room which if you sit in a room for a while you would stop hearing until someone pointed it out to you then it sounds very loud.)
Another thing you can do is ask them to do the ouija board again only this time cut a piece of grease proof paper the size of the bottom of the glass. and there you go the power of the ouija board has gone.

thethingishere said:
Another thing you can do is ask them to do the ouija board again only this time cut a piece of grease proof paper the size of the bottom of the glass. and there you go the power of the ouija board has gone.

How does that work?

put the grease proof paper on top of the glass. Then no one can push the glass and the ouija board is just a board.

thethingishere said:
put the grease proof paper on top of the glass. Then no one can push the glass and the ouija board is just a board.
Sounds like a good idea but I bet some clever dick would say the finger must be in contact with the glass.

TBH he hasn't mentioned it for a while, which suggests that they did spook themselves. If they had continued to have problems he would certainly have mentioned it to me.

Back