• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Past Lives And Current Sexuality

Fishka78

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I have looked into reincarnation & past life regression, read endless stories of peoples experiences, but there is an aspect of it that i have yet to see.

My question is, if in a previous life you were of a different gender than you are today, do you think this would have an impact on your sexuality in this life without you consciously knowing it?

I am not trying to undermine or belittle anyone's sexual orientation, but i am looking at it from a logical side if of course reincarnation was proven true. I came to ponder on this after seeing those who have investigated their past lives found out they shared some similarities, such as job type etc and wondered if the same could apply to who you choose as a partner.

Obviously if anyone has stumbled upon sites referring to this please place a link i would be most grateful.

Have you not found Carol Bowman's Reincarnation Forum? This is the kind of thing they get into. (Read awhile before registering. It's very much a faith-based community and you don't want to post before grokking the gestalt so you can word your query in the way best calculated to generate useful responses.)

The notion that homosexuals and transgendered people are reincarnated souls accustomed to a different body dates at least to the 1920s. It is one of the assumptions made in Radclyffe Hall's The Well of Loneliness. I also remember reading back issues of The Ladder in which the topic was broached in the letters column, so at least some people entertained the notion mid-century, as well.

It occurs to me that you're young enough not to know about The Ladder (it was already history, if recent history, when I discovered it), so here's the Wiki on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ladder_(magazine)

As always, use Wikipedia with caution and primarily as a springboard to real research. I'm not sure how worth your while it would be to seek it out for yourself, as at this distance in time I can't remember whether the notion recurred, was actively discussed, or was simply mentioned once in a lettercol. Hall, however, should be easy to track down.

Thanks PeniG for the info. I must admit no i have not heard of this site before, but then again i have really only skimmed through this subject.

The main aspects i have seen pretty much just cover the personal stories from around the world, a brief glimpse, my area is ghosts and dedicate my time researching that, but i welcome the info you have provided.

Thanks again i shall take a peek with an open mind, but of course cautious mind too, im all to aware of the time wasters and fraudsters out there that like to post total rubbish.

Fortunately, unless you're channeling, there's not much incentive to fake a reincarnation memory. Though there's attention paid to scientific evidence (and Carol Bowman's books are excellent), at its core the forum consists of people who hold reincarnation as part of their religious belief. As with any belief system, you've got your nutjobs and your people whose lives were changed for the better and your nice folks and your jackasses and your disagreement over details of dogma (or karma or dharma, as the case may be). I never registered because I don't believe and it's been awhile since I read it; but unless it's changed drastically you should be able, if nothing else, to get information on the spectrum of belief on this topic.

You might also, through this site or through religious venues catering specifically to the spiritual lives of the GLTG community, be able to get a line on whether this is a common belief there. I know that I personally haven't heard it discussed in a long time. This is probably partly because the people I know now aren't much interested in spiritual questions, and probably partly because such a question has become less interesting since more and more people have begun to accept themselves as themselves. Just as the Ladder's "butch/femme" debates now seem quaint, explanations of "why am I like this" have been superseded by affirmations that "I'm like myself and that's fine."

Back