• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Pets: Bonds & Connections?

A

Anonymous

Hey all, :miaow:

Just wondering... do any of you have any pets, and if you are a bit of a x-person, does your pet notice? Or does animals run away howling, or do you attract pets the same thing that a fire hydrant or a pole attracts a dog? Or can you actually talk to them?

I have three blue tongues (skinks - lizards) here, and when I was little, I had one blue tongue and I developed a system of communication with her... pretty damn effective, from my memory... I was very upset when she passed away on a xmas eve.

see u all later!

P.S. I've dropped in and out of the Chat room, but no one is online!!! May I suggest that someone make a time online for everybody to meet up? (as the time on Forteantimes.com is GMT times)

I have *no* psychic powers whatsoever (well, at least I think I don't), but I have this ability, or whatever, that when my 2 cats are asleep, I can wake them up by just looking across the room at them and "willing" them awake, when they do wake up they sorta jerk awake and look around like they've been shot or something.

I can't wake my dog up like that though, wierd huh? :eek:

Rupert Sheldrake, him of morphic resonance fame, has been
investigating our bonding with our furry friends for some years.

I don't know if it has reached print yet - all I have seen on the
telly were his experiments with masters and mistresses returning
home. Do the doggies know when they make the decision to return?

Will the evidence swing it? Probably not while scientists try to
persuade us that bunnies and shampoo are a match made in Heaven.

Well I still think dogs laugh and kiss us, so what do I know? :blah:

Cryptolizard said:

Just wondering... do any of you have any pets, and if you are a bit of a x-person, does your pet notice? Or does animals run away howling, or do you attract pets the same thing that a fire hydrant or a pole attracts a dog? Or can you actually talk to them?

I have three blue tongues (skinks - lizards) here, and when I was little, I had one blue tongue and I developed a system of communication with her... pretty damn effective, from my memory... I was very upset when she passed away on a xmas eve.

see u all later!

P.S. I've dropped in and out of the Chat room, but no one is online!!! May I suggest that someone make a time online for everybody to meet up? (as the time on Forteantimes.com is GMT times)
Sorry about the chat rooms mate but thats what comes of living on the other side of the billiard ball, but yes I do think animals have a greater psychic ability than adult humans, as I've said elsewhere on the boards I think kids have this ability too.:eek!!!!:

Cryptolizard said:

see u all later!

lol there was a story about this sorta thing on sightings this morning. pretty weird
oo wich reiminds me there is a show on haunted hawii tonight on the travel chanel.

Well, i'm not a psychic but i'll post nonetheless.

My newly acquired feline friend does seem very skittish around mirrors. While i don't doubt that an animal's reflection may well be confusing to him/her, especially when its a new experience, he does seem to spot things out of the corner of his eye (so to speak) far more often than i've noticed with other cats i've known and owned. In particular, we have a wall length bathroom mirror and Norman (for that is the moggies name) often perches by the sink whilst i shave or brush my teeth. The second i pull the string and put out the light - the last flash against the mirror seems to tansfix him for a split second before he runs like a feline-posessed (to us obviously non-loaded language ;)) to get out of the room.

It happened about 30 mins ago and he's still hiding behind things. I've not experienced any psychical phenomena here but you never know...

Thousands of people report seeing odd reflections in mirrors, perhaps he spots something i don't...
:(

schnor said:
I have *no* psychic powers whatsoever (well, at least I think I don't), but I have this ability, or whatever, that when my 2 cats are asleep, I can wake them up by just looking across the room at them and "willing" them awake, when they do wake up they sorta jerk awake and look around like they've been shot or something.

I can't wake my dog up like that though, wierd huh? :eek:

I can sort of do that with my cat, Sam. If he's sleeping across the room I can wake him up by staring at him, and when he wakes up, he usually mews and starts coming over to me. If I'm in another room and start wondering where he is, he usually appears. This doesn't work with any of the other cats in the household, but he and I are very close.

Do I sound like a lunatic?

It's been my experience that most animals, when concentrated at (for lack of a better term), will respond. Seems that prey animals are more responsive than predators.

Back